The University of Edinburgh
Fixed Term Contract – 01/08/2023 – 31/07/2024; Guaranteed Hours.
Numerous Posts Available
We are looking or high-quality graduates who have completed an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in Economics, and who want to gain high quality teaching experience at university level.
We are looking for high-quality graduates who have completed an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in Economics, and who want to gain high quality teaching experience at university level. These posts are being offered on a Guaranteed Hours basis with one year contracts available. These contracts are refreshed and renewed each year providing that the School’s Management Team are satisfied with the post holder’s performance.
Tutors in Economics deliver learning and teaching activities, at both undergraduate and postgraduate level, within an established programme and with specified learning outcomes as part of the integrated overall structure of courses and to enhance the learning experience of students. A key purpose of the role is to create a stimulating and interactive learning environment, where students can further their understanding of course topics and develop their academic skills, including critical thinking, analytical skills, argumentation and communication skills, and independence of learning.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact James Hanton, the HR & Staffing Administrator in the School of Economics: [email protected]
Your Skills and Attributes for Success:
- A solid academic background in Economics, usually up to a Master’s degree.
- Demonstrable capability to lead and coordinate groups, including the ability to understand the needs of a group and individual students and to provide appropriate guidance. Previous teaching or peer support experience is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to explain concepts in a clear and understandable manner.
- Understanding of the basic principles of teaching, learning and assessment.
- IT literacy, including awareness of GDPR.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.