University of Worcester
Security & Operations
Location: St John’s Campus
£25,197 to £27,406
per annum pro rata
Plus an annual unsocial hours allowance of £1,512.60
Post Type: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Advertised On: Friday 17 March 2023
Closing Date: Sunday 02 April 2023
The Security & Operations department at the University of Worcester is looking for an experienced security officer to join its dynamic team.
The University Community & Security Team are responsible for protecting the assets of the University, its staff, students and visitors against loss, damage, injury or harm from criminal acts including, theft, vandalism, arson and the like. They ensure the University’s reputation and standing in the local community is maintained and where possible enhanced to continue to foster good relationships with the residents of Worcester and the surrounding areas.
Members of the University Community & Security Team have been accepted as part of the Community Safety Accreditation Scheme, which enables accredited team members to carry out additional duties to deal with issues that may be taking place within the local community; for example, relating to litter, alcohol consumption and unsociable behaviour.
Please note that this post will require working shifts (including nights/weekends and bank holidays) and will operate across the University’s St Johns, City Centre sites and Satellite sites over 42 hours per week.
What’s in it for you?
- Minimum starting pay of £11.51 per hour (annually £25,197)
- Annual incremental increase up to £12.51 per hour (annually £27,406), with the opportunity to progress to £13.11 (annually £28,701)
- Annual unsocial allowance of £1,512.60
- Attractive Local Government Pension Scheme
- Access to our Staff Retail Benefits Scheme
- Wellbeing advice and support through our Employee Assistance Programme
- In-house training and development support
- A friendly, inclusive and supportive culture and work environment
From 1 August 2023, the salary range for this role will increase to £25,746 (£11.76 per hour) – £27,848 (£12.72 per hour), with the opportunity to progress to £29,221 (£13.34 per hour)
Informal queries in relation to this vacancy are welcome and should be directed to Tom Taylor [email protected]
We value diversity and wish to promote equality at all levels
View All Vacancies
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.