Integrity is an ethical consultancy and service provider working in challenging and complex environments around the globe.
We help our clients succeed in fragile and challenging environments while building trust and understanding as the basis for transformative change. We work across all phases of the programme and project cycle, delivering eleven complementary services: monitoring, evaluation and learning / data and knowledge management / research, evidence and analysis / advisory / project management / communications / risk management / technical assistance / capability and capacity development / stakeholder engagement / grant and fund management. Our services are underpinned by the principles on which we were founded, a commitment to providing reliable information and evidence, and expert and high-quality delivery.
Headquartered in London and Washington DC, Integrity also has offices in Jordan, Kenya, and Pakistan. Our multi-national team of over 80 deliver multi-year projects, programmes and consulting assignments to a wide range of government clients, international organisations, foundations and private sector clients.
VISION: To set the international standard for ethically delivered expert services in complex and challenging contexts.
MISSON: We use evidence and learning to provide trusted advice and enable change for a sustainable future.
• Courage: We work on many of the world’s most complex problems. We stand against violence in all its forms. We are unafraid to stand up to illegal or unethical practises.
• Objectivity: We challenge conventional thinking. Our recommendations are not based on assumptions or ideology but evidence and learning.
• Diligence: We incorporate our best individual and collective intellect through rigour, reflection, and collaboration.
• Accountability: We take responsibility for the quality of our work and performance. We hold ourselves to account through clear policy and process, sustained by long-term profitability.
• Sensitivity: We understand the impact of our presence and our work, empathise with people’s situations, and commit to do no harm.
ETHICS: Integrity upholds the highest ethical standards in our work, our employment of staff and our interaction with people. Through adherence to our core values, we ensure the best possible service, and benefit the communities amongst whom we work.
We commit to building a diverse and inclusive organisation where all feel safe and able to progress, contribute and be heard, regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, marital or parental status.
Further information about Integrity can be found at www.integrityglobal.com.
How Vice President, Operations fits into the Integrity Team
The Vice President, Operations (VP Ops) is a Senior Manager Level 1 role based in Integrity’s London office and reports to the Chief Operating Officer. The role will ensure global oversight and adherence with Integrity’s operating standards and those of our clients. VP Ops will lead on building and sustaining our operational systems and processes, ensuring they are fit for purpose, enable our project portfolio, protect our people, and support company growth and expansion.
The successful candidate will have senior-level leadership and management skills and experience, and have delivered operational advice and capability at a strategic level for organisations operating globally, and in complex and challenging contexts.
Scope of Work
The VP Ops Scope of Work includes a range of responsibilities and tasks including security and risk management, duty of care, cyber security, digital strategy, personnel management, and project delivery. The role requires a strategic thinker who will identify areas for business improvement and lead the change management with relevant buy-in and support including Executive Management.
The VP Ops will manage Heads of Offices to ensure the coordination and cohesion of Integrity’s global leadership and culture. The VP Ops will also manage the UK-based operations team and provide leadership and coordination of the operations support, and security & risk functions and teams globally. The role will provide organisational development and operations advice to the Executive Management, and ensure the efficient and effective allocation of staff time to activities in support of winning and delivering projects.
Terms of Reference
Leadership & Management (20%)
- Lead on the execution of business strategy on structures, systems and processes, in consultation with Executive Management.
- Lead on company policy design, in consultation with Executive Management.
- Provide organisational development advice to Executive Management, in support of global growth.
- Line manage Head of Regional and Country Offices, and Senior Manager, Operations UK.
- Manage and be responsible for the effective performance of the Operational Support, and Security and Risk company functions.
- Anticipate, build, and sustain Operations Team capability, and capacity to meet portfolio and company requirements.
- Lead and manage the Resource Committee to ensure the efficient and effective use of Staff time across the UK and US pipelines and portfolios.
- Be a member of the UK Services Management Group to support the selection and resourcing of UK bids and delivery.
- Manage the global training budget to meet individual and collective training needs.
- Lead on the design and delivery of internal management training, supported by HR.
Operational Support (20%)
- Design, deliver and sustain the company’s Phase Three (P3) digital strategy to meet global requirements across all company functions.
- Work with the CFO to maintain compliance with donor/supplier reporting and standards, including USAID and FCDO’s Inspire and Carbon Reduction Plan.
- Be responsible for consultant and supplier Due Diligence systems and processes globally.
- Manage office infrastructure globally, ensuring the maintenance of health & safety.
- Manage tenancy agreements, renewals and lease budgets, and operational support costs.
- Support the COO on the provision of adequate corporate insurance coverage globally.
Security & Risk Management (30%)
- Lead on the delivery and execution of Integrity’s enterprise risk management process.
- Be responsible for the Company’s Business Continuity Plan.
- Oversee and manage effective, efficient, and compliant operational standards globally.
- Be responsible for the company’s Incident and Crisis Management plans, training and response capability, and any investigations requirements.
- Lead the management and operational response on security incidents globally. Deploy to coordinate critical response as required.
- Oversee and deliver mandatory compliance training and records globally, and in accordance with legal and donor regulations.
- Maintain oversight of project activity in countries with no permanent presence, in coordination with relevant project manager(s).
- Lead on Safeguarding advice and reporting globally.
- Lead on SOP 8 Operational Support and Risk Management.
Project Design & Delivery (30%)
- Oversee and design bid-winning and effective Risk and Duty of Care proposals globally.
- Project Direct UK portfolio projects in relevant thematic areas and ensure their technical and commercial success and performance.
- With H Comms, lead on the development of Integrity’s Risk Management and ESG service offers.
Your Experience and Expertise
You will have:
- A minimum of 12 years’ experience managing the operations of a global portfolio and business/ organisation in challenging environments.
- Management experience in organisational development in an international business/ organisation.
- Experience in managing duty of care, risk and security, offices and assets in multiple locations and jurisdictions at the organisation level.
- Competency and experience in financial management of budgets and projects.
- Qualifications in cyber security and/ or risk management.
It is desirable you will have:
- Experience in Environmental, Social and Governance management and delivery.
- Expertise in IT and digital systems strategy and implementation.
- Written and oral fluency in English, with the ability to write clear and compelling narratives.
- French and/ or Arabic language skills desirable.
You should also demonstrate the following core competencies:
Level 1: Team competencies
- Planning and Organising
- Development and Continual Learning
- Results Focus and Initiative
- Customer Orientation
- Managing Change
Level 2-4: Management competencies
- Analytical and Flexible Thinking
- Achievement Focus
- Managing Resources
- Teamwork and Team Leadership
- Customer Orientation
- Organisational Knowledge
- Organisational Alignment
- Strategic Thinking
- Developing Talent
Integrity is a hybrid work employer offering a flexible working model that supports a blend of in-office and working from home time. Each office has its own flexible working model to meet local needs and demands.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form at www.integrityglobal.com/apply-s1/ and attach a CV and Cover Letter, explaining why you are suitable for and want the role. Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is 14th April 2023. However, we will review candidates on a rolling basis and the vacancy may be filled before this deadline. We encourage early applications. Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
Integrity is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, marital or parental status. We will respect your confidentiality and abide by UK data protection laws.