Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payment transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions, and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable, and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is a priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Our teams are focused in helping key clients that include global banks and retailers and other merchants, as well as local FinTech’s and governments. For instance, whilst VCA Core Consultants help solution big complex problems and opportunities, our VCA Managed Services (VMS) specialists deploy their subject matter expertise to support the execution and implementation of recommendations. At the end, our clients receive an end-to-end support that help them achieve scale, competitive advantage, and speed to market in the digital age.
VCA engages clients throughout Europe and is organised in teams within UK & Ireland, South Europe, Nordics & Baltics, Central Eastern Europe, and Central Europe.
Our Summer Internship is an 11-week programme providing you the opportunity to experience all that Visa has to offer alongside completing challenging work, building your skillset, and networking with fellow interns and Visa employees. Throughout the internship you will support professionals on core activities within your team, be given an end-to-end project to complete and take part in a variety of trainings to increase your learning. You will also get the opportunity to take part in a global social impact case challenge as well as hearing from senior leaders through our Visa Executive Speaker Series.
The internship is just the beginning to what we hope will be a lasting career at Visa! If you are successful throughout your internship you could even secure a graduate role with us when you finish university.
What would we expect of you?
Day to day responsibilities:
- Support the VCA team in the delivery of projects for Visa clients across various domains, from payments, digital, and products to strategy, including project management.
- Assist in the delivery of detailed data gathering and analysis to obtain valuable insights.
- Perform market and trend analyses using Visa’s comprehensive global market research capabilities and data tools.
- Support strategy to market activities including but not limited to workshops, client meetings, content development etc.
- Support the development and maintenance of VCA service sales and delivery collateral (‘toolkit’).
- Support the VCA team with ongoing operations, administration, and team-building activities.
By joining Visa Consulting and Analytics (VCA) as Consulting intern, you would:
- Gain consulting tool-kit skills and experiences, with the aim of coming back after degree completion as a Graduate Consultant (VCA)
- Help drive business insights thanks to our superb data analytics powered by Visa data.
- Gain access to global Payments subject matter experts and projects with top clients around the world.
- Support and transform our own talent and business through enhanced training, new solutions and KX
- Let VCA not only introduce you to management consulting, but also expose you to best practices, top-notch client projects while helping improve our methodologies and solutions
Visa Europe is home to a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. Our campaign YOUniqueness, Accepted Everywhere is all about allowing our team to unleash the talent and potential that is uniquely their own. We’re looking for the next generation of change agents – dreamers and creatives – who are fascinated by new technology and want to be empowered to change the way business is done.
Therefore, our requirements are few:
- Be in your penultimate year of university, graduating in 2025 with a bachelor’s or master’s degree, ready to start full-time work from June or July 2023 for 11 weeks only.
- Oral and written fluency in local language is required in addition to high level of English (written/spoken)
- Curious mindset in solving complex problems alongside strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Proactive attitude with experience of being a self-starter and a willingness to learn and develop.
- You are comfortable juggling multiple projects while quick to adapt to shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated teamwork and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including delivering executive documents and presentations to an audience.
- Demonstrated interest in technology and the payments industry and comfortable with a fast-paced learning curve.
- Familiarity and/or have experience with Project Management Office is a plus
Please submit your application in English.
Visa will only consider candidates who have the legal right to work in the job’s location and will not provide sponsorship for this role.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.