We’re looking for a team player with excellent people skills and a passion for connecting
people with nature. Working at RSPB NI’s Window on Wildlife reserve, you’ll be
providing a unique and fascinating visitor and events experience inspiring our visitors to
support nature conservation now and in the future. This role is fundamental in ensuring we have
the highest quality of visitor and events experience for both new and existing audiences.
You will be working with the Visitor Experience Manager, Visitor Experience officer, and
volunteers to ensure a coherent visitor offer is delivered while also working with the HQ team
to ensure the highest quality of RSPB visitor experience.
The ideal candidates will have strong communication skills, proven experience in delivering
events, and a high standard of visitor experience – if that’s you we’d love to hear from you!
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Computer literate to include professional use of social media to adhere to brand
- Working knowledge of visitor engagement techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workloads.
- A team player who can motivate and inspire people.
- Problem solving skills and ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to manage and respond to customer needs and feedback.
- Ability to maximise opportunities for visitor engagement and income generation.
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships.
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience of managing and delivering against targets and KPI’s.
- Experience in planning and executing events.
- Experience of analysing and interpreting data in a visitor experience environment.
- Successful experience of managing or supporting a team of staff and/or volunteers.
- Having contributed to a successful visitor project or visitor attraction.
- Tourism or leisure related qualification, ideally at HND level or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Equal Opportunities and Diversity.
- Health & Safety in the workplace.
This is a Part-Time role for 7.5 hours per week.
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position from the 29th of March, 2023. For
further information, please get in touch with [email protected]
As part of this application process you will be asked to provide a copy of your CV and complete
an application form including evidence on how you meet the skills, knowledge, and experience
We are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse RSPB, in which everyone feels
supported, valued, and able to be their full selves. To achieve our vision of creating a world
richer in nature, we need more people on nature’s side and more diverse people. People of
colour and disabled people are underrepresented across the environment, climate,
sustainability, and conservation sectors. If you identify as a person of colour and/or
disabled, we are particularly interested in receiving your application. Contact us to discuss
any additional support you may need to complete your application.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of
Offenders Act 1974.
This role is not eligible for UK Visa Sponsorship – the successful applicant will need to have
a pre-existing Right to Work in the UK to be offered an employment contract.
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.