University of Cambridge
We are seeking a Visitor Services Assistant to join our team on a permanent basis working 16.5 hours per week 3 days out of 7, on a rolling rota.
King’s College welcomes over a million visitors per year. These visitors may be members of King’s, local residents, university members or tourists from around the world. The role of a Visitor Services Assistant is to ensure each and every visitor receives a warm and welcoming experience at one of our entrances. For many visitors to the College, a Visitor Services Assistant will be the first person they encounter representing King’s College. In addition, team members will need to play a part in maintaining the integrity of the College, its buildings and contents.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of dealing with the public in a customer focused environment, will be culturally sensitive, and have excellent verbal communication skills.
In addition we are looking for candidates with the ability to:
- Deliver first class face to face customer service;
- Be patient, tactful and diplomatic;
- Be physically fit to cope with the demands of the job, which involves working outdoors throughout the year;
- Work with and support others in a collaborative manner;
- Cope with high visitor numbers during peak periods;
- Work with honesty and integrity when dealing with the members of the public;
- Be well presented at all times.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.