OHES, Part of the Adler and Allan Group
What we do
We provide environmental and energy infrastructure services that protect the environment and
reduce the risk of pollution, operational downtime, profit loss and reputation damage for our
customers. Through the management and maintenance of assets, we support the ESG, CSR and
sustainability ambitions across the UK.
Who we are
We are an ambitious team who are focused on growth, putting our customers at the heart of what
we do, and we live our values of Safety, Service,
Working Together, Wellbeing and Expertise.
Our culture is can-do, fun and where everyone has a part to play. If you want to help
businesses and protect the environment, this role could be for you.
What we would like to offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Company phone, iPad and PPE provided
- Training and career progression opportunities
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption and Shared Parental leave
- Employee Assistance Programme (with access to GP appointments, Physio appointments and
Mental Health Support)
We are currently seeking to recruit Water Quality Consultant to lead on the coordination and
delivery of routine and ad hoc water quality sampling; undertake field-based monitoring and
collect environmental samples for laboratory analysis. Furthermore, the postholder will support
the ecology team to deliver a range of ecological projects, including field surveys and
reporting duties. The postholder will be able to respond to pollution incidents as and when
Employed on a full-time basis working a 35-hour week (09:00-17:00), Monday-Friday, with a
1-hour unpaid lunch break each day. The post holder will also be expected to dedicate any time
required to ensure all tasks are satisfied and work/projects completed within deadline. The
post holder may be requested to work a reasonable amount of overtime and will be required to
stay away from home occasionally.
Your day will look like this:
- Responsible for liaising with clients to deliver water quality sampling and field data
gathering as per client contract agreements.
- Responsible for delivering routine and ad hoc water quality sampling and field data
gathering for clients.
- Report field data and laboratory analysis data to clients.
- The postholder will assist in co-ordinating response to water pollution incidents across
Thames Valley and Greater London area and attend water pollution incidents should the need
- Support graduate field technicians through technical water quality advice.
- Assist the wider Water & Ecology division through actions such as, but not limited to,
aquatic macroinvertebrate and fisheries surveys.
- The postholder will assist in training and development of graduate technicians.
- Ensure the quality of technical report writing of graduate technicians.
- The postholder will assist in the maintenance of field equipment & PPE.
- Responsible for administering supplier invoices and liaising with suppliers and the
internal accounts team.
- Provision of accurate and timely information to line management.
- The postholder will assist in leading team performance by sharing knowledge and best
practices at all levels.
- Any other duties for which the post holder is qualified and able to carry out.
How you can help us with your experience:
- Educated to degree level in a Biological or Environmental Sciences discipline.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in an environmental discipline.
- Comprehensive understanding of water chemistry and the indicative parameters.
- A full clean UK driving licence.
- Knowledgeable & experienced in scientific fieldwork.
- A willingness to travel throughout the UK and Ireland, to work away and to work long days
- Experience in aquatic macroinvertebrate and/or fisheries surveys.
- Competent user of Microsoft Outlook, Excel & Word.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills with the ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Motivated and confident interacting with clients.
- Experience in management of a field team is desirable.
- Understanding of the role of regulators such as the Environment Agency
- An understanding of the role of laboratory analysis in environmental monitoring.
If you feel you have the skills, personality, and experience, please apply
Why OHES, Part of the Adler and Allan Group
The Adler and Allan Group provides market leading environmental risk reduction through
preventative and responsive solutions offering an expert 24-7 service to our customers. We give
our customers peace of mind in detecting and identifying the environmental risks posed to their
business. Our broad range of risk mitigation products and services keep businesses strong,
reducing the prospect of litigation, costly fines, and bad publicity, as well as reducing the
threat to the environment. In a world where the environment and legislation are in constant
flux, we also provide emergency response in a variety of settings. Our customers include
multinational blue-chip organisations across a wide range of sectors both private and public.
If this role doesn’t seem the right fit- take a look at our careers page to see what
else, we have for you or email careers to see how we can help and our recruitment team will be
in touch: [email protected]
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.