Energy Saving Trust
Closing Date: 13 November 2023
Issue Date: 30 October 2023
Position Ref: AH 1101
Location: Blended – London, Edinburgh or Cardiff (home & office)
Salary: Between £45,000 – £50,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Job family & category: Technical specialist & Senior technical
Energy Saving Trust is an independent organisation working to address the climate
Energy Saving Trust is a leading and trusted organisation, dedicated to promoting energy
efficiency, low carbon transport and sustainable energy use. We aim to address the climate
emergency and deliver the wider benefits of clean energy as we transition to net zero.
At Energy Saving Trust we don’t just offer jobs – we offer careers. For our people, being part
of the effort to address the climate emergency makes working for us truly meaningful and
As well as investing in our mission, we invest in our people and culture. We’re committed to
creating an engaging, supportive and inclusive workplace for all and providing opportunities
for development, training and growth. We also provide a range of benefits such as flexible
working, an employee assistance programme and a wellbeing allowance. Please see our careers page for more information
on why Energy Saving Trust is a great place to work.
- The marketing communications department successfully delivers an increasing number of
campaigns for funders, clients and businesses.
- Our aim is to deliver highly effective campaigns with impact and return on investment, with
an increasingly agile and flexible approach.
- We want to identify and embrace new ideas to reach our audiences and ways of working,
incorporate greater evaluation of our impact, and share our insight.
- This role will be part of our newly formed Digital team within the marketing communications
- You will be part of our newly formed Digital team within the marketing communications
department and will work closely with our operations and IT teams.
- You will collaborate extensively with stakeholders across the business and external
agencies to define, develop and implement website and digital services improvements.
- You will be a brand champion and ensure our values and brand are reflected across our web
- This is an exciting opportunity to join the newly formed digital team. You will be helping
to achieve our objective to find innovative solutions to reach more people and empower them to
take action and save carbon.
What you’ll do
- You will lead and develop our web presence with a user centred design and user experience
approach to ensure it remains modern, up to date and adaptable to the latest innovation in
- You will lead the ongoing maintenance, management, support, and development of our web
presence in line with our audience segmentation and SEO best practice.
- You will collaborate with the rest of the digital team on website reporting using Google
Analytics and other tools to analyse traffic across our sites and to identify potential issues
- You will line manage at least one role and a creative agency to support on website updates
What you’ll bring
- Experience of project managing new or existing website development on time and to budget
- Excellent knowledge of digital best practice, combined with a pragmatic approach
- Experience of user centred design and user experience research techniques and content
- Experience of exploring optimisation / automation on websites
This is a permanent position. Our standard weekly hours are 37.5 hours, Monday to Friday.
We are open to flexible working locations and as standard we offer all contracts on blended
(home and office-based) working from our offices in Edinburgh, London, or Cardiff. We will we
be happy to discuss our blended working model at interview stage.
For more information, please see job description on our website.
Applications close 9am, Monday 13 November
2023. Interviews are intended to be held 20-23 November.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter of no more than 2 pages to
[email protected]. In your cover letter please explain how you meet the essential areas in
the job description. Please state the job reference you are applying for in the subject line.
Applications submitted without a covering letter will not be considered.
If you think you may need additional support or adjustments made to any part of
the application/recruitment process, please get in touch with [email protected].
Please note that we are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this
post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
Our commitment to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace
To address the urgent challenges posed by the climate emergency, we need a diversity of people,
experiences and ideas. We strongly encourage applicants from a wide range of backgrounds and
with different identities and experiences to apply for roles with Energy Saving Trust. If there
is anything we can do to support you in applying, please get in touch with us at [email protected]. Please note that we will always
ensure that a fair recruitment process is followed for all candidates and appointments will be
made based on merit.
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.