The University of Southampton
Fibre & Systems Group
£25,285 to £26,642
Full Time Permanent
Wednesday 05 April 2023
To be confirmed
Our exciting Faculty is developing the theories and technologies that will shape our future world, ranging from optical telecommunication technologies that underpin the internet through to the high energy astrophysics that help us understand our universe. We are building a successful and inclusive community, which is at the heart of delivering the University’s highest quality research, education and enterprise. This role offers a chance to join our team and expand your skills in a dynamic and supportive environment.
This is a full-time role within the Zepler Institute for Photonics and Nanoelectronics as part of the Faculty Central team and will provide effective and professional administration for day-to-day operations and support to academics across the school.
You will have:
- previous experience of providing effective and efficient administrative support
- a proven track record in identifying and resolving critical issues on behalf of senior colleagues
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- the ability to be responsive to requests and to ensure that key issues are progressed to meet challenging time scales, and a proven track record of providing outstanding customer service
- excellent organisational skills and an ability to manage your own workload effectively to meet business requirements
- proven experience of reviewing administrative procedures and processes to ensure they remain fit for purpose
- good inter-personal skills, the ability to build effective and credible working relationships and be a strong team-player
- up-to-date MS Office skills
We believe equality, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to making the University of Southampton a welcoming, vibrant and successful organisation. Having a diverse workforce, inclusive of people of all ages and beliefs, from different racial, educational and social backgrounds opens up a wealth of possibilities, makes us more creative and accelerates our impact on society. We welcome applicants that value the diversity of our community and are willing to play their part in supporting the mission of inclusivity. We have adopted a hybrid-working model across the university combining working from home with regular time on campus. We are committed to supporting our staff and students, and are open to flexible working approaches.
For further information about the position, please contact Sarah Richardson, Executive Officer for Zepler Institute via [email protected]
Apply by midnight on the closing date. For assistance contact Recruitment on +44(0)2380 592750 or [email protected] quoting the job number.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.