Wealden District Council
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work in one of the largest local
authority, planning and environmental services in the south east.
We are looking for a qualified ecologist to join our busy Planning and Environmental service
area. To help ensure the protection and enhancement of biodiversity through the planning
What will you be doing?
- Assist in providing Biodiversity advice to the Council in the area of development
management, planning policy, planning enforcement, economic development and tourism.
- Provide consultation responses relating biodiversity considerations across the district.
- Advise both internal and external partners on Biodiversity considerations on a range of
- Engage with members of the public and professionals on best practices and guidance relating
to biodiversity considerations and the natural environment.
What do you need?
- Environmental Degree or HND relating to Ecology, Biodiversity or Natural Environment or
equivalent level experience.
- Up-to-date knowledge of relevant Common and Statute Law and best practice techniques.
- The ability to confidently promote and articulate the principles and elements of ecology
within the context of the planning system.
- Sound understanding of subject matter, principles and practices relevant to the technical
area, including upcoming Biodiversity Net Gain.
- Must be able to function independently and manage own workload and goals as well as work as
part of a team.
What do we offer?
- Excellent salary, pension, flexible working, fantastic employee benefits and comprehensive staff health & wellbeing scheme
- A friendly, supportive team and a range of opportunities for continuing professional development
- Ability to work from home as well as from our newly refurbished offices in Hailsham
- Working for a great, forward thinking Local Authority
For more information and an informal chat about the opportunity please contact Craig Moon 01892
Wealden District Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and
vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment. We value
the differences that people bring from all backgrounds and communities and all applications
will be treated on merit.
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.