University of Derby
Buxton & Leek College
Buxton & Leek College (Buxton/Leek Campus)
£20,757 to £22,021 per annum (for exceptional performers, there is scope for further progression up to £25,088 per annum)
Thursday 28 September 2023
About the role
Buxton & Leek College is continually building services to our Special Educational Needs provision and is now seeking a Business Administrative Assistant. You will support the day-to-day operational demands that come with the delivery of a high-quality High needs service to all clients and stakeholders. You will support the high-needs team and play a key role in the storage and retrieval of information, communication, and monitoring as well as the booking of annual transition meetings.
- GCSE Grade 4 to 9 in English and Maths or equivalent qualifications
- Experience of organising events/activities
- Experience of note taking and creating actions with agreed timescales
- Experience of working as part of a team and dealing with customers
Skills, knowledge & abilities
- Excellent organisational and Microsoft Office 365 skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint and OneDrive
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy and deal with a wide range of contacts both internal and external to Buxton & Leek College
- Ability to work flexibly
- Ability to prioritise and re-prioritise tasks to achieve results
- Willingness and flexibility to travel and work between Buxton & Leek / Derby university and external sites in a cost effective and timely manner
- Completed DBS check with child barred list
- Educated to A-Level standard or equivalent qualification
- NVQ Level 3
- Experience of working in an administrative role, preferably in the area of education / Children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)
Skills, knowledge, and abilities
- Have an awareness of the New SEND Code of Practice
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy to deal with the variety of complex and sensitive issues, a strong sense of professionalism
- Ability to assimilate large quantities of written and verbal information quickly
- Ability to assimilate information, develop a depth of understanding of a wide variety of matters and the capability to master the intricacies and nuances of specific problems and issues rapidly
- Ability to advocate with and on behalf of students and staff ensuring all safeguarding legislation is followed
As well as competitive pay scales, we offer generous holiday entitlement. We also offer opportunities for further salary progression based on performance, and the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme.
Find out more about pay and benefitsFind out more about pay and benefits
How to apply
You can apply by submitting an online application. Once you have signed in or registered with us you will be able to begin your application. If you are creating an account for the first time, please ensure you provide an email address that you access regularly as this will be our main means of contacting you regarding your application.
- Apply online Apply online
- Continue application Continue application
- Advice on completing your applicationAdvice on completing your application
If you require any assistance, including the provision of any documentation in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment team at [email protected] .
Please note all applications must be submitted online by Midnight GMT on the closing date of the vacancy.
Please note that unfortunately, this role will not attract sufficient points to obtain a sponsored Skilled Worker visa under the UK Visas & Immigration points based immigration system; however, applications are welcome from candidates who do not currently have the right to work in the UK, but who would be eligible to obtain a valid visa via another route..
Please consult the Home office website for further information.
Buxton and Leek College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. An enhanced DBS check will be required, depending on the nature of the role. Any information you provide will be treated in confidence and only used when considering your suitability for the post.
To enable us to process your DBS check please ensure you are able to supply the documentation listed on the DBS website at interview stage.
Equality, diversity, inclusion and wellbeing
The University of Derby is committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. However you identify, we actively celebrate the knowledge, experience and talents each person brings.
A university that celebrates youA university that celebrates you
Download Business Administrative Assistant job descriptionDownload Business Administrative Assistant job description
Why join Derby?
Challenging, interesting and constantly changing, the University of Derby is an extraordinary place to learn and an incredibly rewarding place to work.
Find out more about working at the UniversityFind out more about working at the University
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect everyone who works for us to also share this commitment and to treat people with courtesy and respect.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.