King's College London
Job id: 067445. Salary: £23,898 – £24,578 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance.
Posted: 17 May 2023. Closing date: 31 May 2023.
Business unit: Estates Trading. Department: Catering Services – Denmark Hill.
Contact details:Julia Eldridge – Catering Manager. 02078480201 / [email protected]
Location: Denmark Hill. Category: Professional & Support Services.
- 35 hours per week with paid overtime x1.5 per hour or x2 per hour on Sundays.
- 27 Days paid annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, plus additional college closure days over the Christmas period.
- Permanent contract.
If you want to work in a friendly, fun environment where you’re really valued for your contribution then we may have the job for you. We are looking to recruit a hospitality assistant to work at Denmark Hill campuses. This is a hands-on role, and the post holder will be involved with the delivery and lay out of food and drinks, food service and room set up and breakdowns. The successful candidate should have a sound knowledge of customer service and catering for hospitality and events.
The ideal candidate will be:
A good team player
Have a passion and commitment to provide good customer service
Have a flexible and positive approach
Have excellent communication skills
Have an understanding for food hygiene regulations
The contract is offered on a 5 out of 7 days basis and will involve working evenings and weekends.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract.
This is a full-time post.
- To maintain high standards of customer service at all times. Ensuring you are creating a friendly, welcoming & approachable environment
- Assist with the delivery of high-quality food & drink in accordance with hospitality menus
- Ensuring all catering is ready on time, in sufficient quantities and presented in an appetising and professional manner.
- Maintain high levels of hygiene and always comply with all Food Hygiene and Health and Safety regulations. Assisting with the cleaning of your work area as required
- This is a physical role where manual handling must always be adhered to.
- To responsibly serve alcohol in line with the rules and regulations set out within the building licences.
- Liaise with your line manager to ensure they are aware of any concerns or issues relating to your work environment.
- Attend departmental staff meetings as and when required
- Advise your line manager of any issues with the general repair, cleanliness or failure of equipment.
- Plan daily workload to ensure all areas are ready and open on time.
- Respond to requests for information from customers in accordance with College policies.
- Actively promote and sell the catering services to customers
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.