Job title: Communications Manager
Salary: EUR 39,600 to EUR 48,000 vacanciesin.eu GBP 34,500 – GBP 41,500
Status: Fixed term contract
Term: Full time vacanciesin.eu 37.5 hours per week vacanciesin.eu Fixed term 1 year contract with the possibility of
Location: Home based in the Netherlands or the United Kingdom
Start date: April 2024
Are you eager to be part of an organization that plays a pivotal role in a vast global network,
driving transformational change to reduce inequality, mitigate climate change and protect our
precious natural world?
A new opportunity has arisen to advance your career with the Capitals Coalition: a purpose driven global collaboration
transforming the way decisions are made by including the value provided by nature, people and
We are looking for a Communications Manager to join our team and deliver in the following
areas: Digital, Projects, Partnerships and Media & Events. If you have a strong ‘can-do’
attitude, can communicate complex concepts in a compelling way and can work independently to a
high standard on multiple areas of communications then this role is for you. If you are
passionate about working at the intersection of sustainability (climate, biodiversity, equity)
and economics, and thrive on variety and learning then we want to hear from you.
Working closely with the current Communications Manager and under guidance from the Capital
Coalition’s senior leadership, this position will:
- Lead on website management to ensure it is kept up to date, including creating new and
- Support social media strategy and management, including asset creation.
- Lead the development of a monthly Newsletter, including story selection and drafting copy.
- Develop narratives, messaging and assets to enable Capitals Coalition’s projects and
programs to communicate their impact. This includes providing dedicated communications support
for flagship projects such as the Capitals Protocol and specific EU projects.
Partnerships, Media & Events
- Manage relationships with external design and PR agencies to develop animations, videos,
reports, and other materials.
- Support the Capitals Coalition’s media and events partnerships.
- Support communications and dissemination strategies around major global events.
- Support the Executive team with communications needs, briefings and managing media
- Support the development of internal and external blogs including editing and delivery.
- Act as a focal point for design, branding and layout queries and general communications
support for the wider Capitals Coalition team.
- Ensure that outputs across the Coalition are in a harmonized, recognizable style.
- Proven experience of communications, public relations or journalism in a
sustainability-related field addressing net positive, nature positive or inequality issues.
- Proven experience with WordPress and social media management, particularly X and LinkedIn.
- Proven ability to write in a clear, compelling and concise way for press releases, social
media copy, briefing documents and internal and external publications.
- Proven ability to turn highly technical content into accessible language and materials for
- Task-orientated with excellent time management and a track record of high-quality delivery
- Collaborative and personable with the ability to work with people from all cultures and
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills to positively manage both internal and external
- Confident self-starter, motivated and energized in a fast-paced environment. Able to adapt
quickly to change and ambiguity.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, both written and verbal, in English.
- Comfortable with a high degree of autonomy and independent working (home based) and a
proven ability to self-motivate and take the initiative.
- Competent IT user (MS Office, video conferencing etc.) with access to own laptop.
- Active interest in current environment and development matters and commitment to the work
of Capitals Coalition.
- Experience of working with or in the private sector
- Experience using design programs like Adobe suite and Canva
- Experience of Mailchimp
- Experience with project management tool Monday.com
- Experience using Google Analytics.
Capitals Coalition is a purpose-driven global collaboration transforming the way decisions are
made by including the value provided by nature, people and society, and the economy.
Capitals Coalition hosts an open, pre-competitive space for organizations to come together,
share best practice, tackle collective challenges, co-create solutions and champion a systemic
approach to addressing nature loss, climate change, sustainable development and social
Capitals Coalition offers a range of benefits including pension, enhanced sick pay and flexible
working. All staff at the Coalition provide their own IT equipment including laptop and phone
and the Coalition offers an annual Bring Your Own Device allowance.
How to apply
The successful candidate must be based in and eligible to work in the Netherlands or the UK.
To express your interest and request a copy of the application form please send an email to:
Please state the role in the subject line and kindly note that only short-listed candidates
will be contacted.
First round interviews are planned for no later than Wednesday 6th March 2024.
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.