The University of Southampton
£34,980 to £42,978
Full Time Permanent
Wednesday 29 November 2023
To be confirmed
We have an exciting opportunity for a Delivery Manager to join us, bringing your talent and energy to our delivery teams, projects, enabling user-centred products.
About the role
A delivery manager is accountable for the performance of the team. You’ll be setting up project teams, making sure they are collaborating well and are motivated.
You’ll be on the lookout for obstacles to delivery, and seek ways help the team to overcome them. You will support the team to keep their focus on the most important elements for a successful delivery of a particular product or service. You will also encourage and facilitate continuous improvement of the delivery team over the course of the academic year, applying appropriate Agile and Lean tools and techniques.
You’ll be joining an
team dedicated to developing and maintaining user-centred products and services.
You’ll need to:
- coach teams as a central point of expertise
- work closely with product owners, user researchers, content designers, service designers, UX and technical disciplines and university functions to deliver our products and services
- identify dependencies in plans across services and coordinate delivery
- match the right people to appropriate deliverables to ensure maximum efficiency
- be responsible for our business-as-usual support, University-wide
Your skills and experience
You’ll need to be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience. It’s okay if you don’t have everything in this list. We’re looking for people who are a good fit and willing to learn.
- Demonstrable experience leading an Agile delivery team.
- Experience of working with leaders to identify business needs, identify action plans, identify deliverables and present results and recommendations.
- Able to take a continuous approach to backlog and workload planning, forecasting, estimating, managing issues, providing metrics and measurements, contingency planning and road mapping to ensure delivery targets to cost, time and quality are met.
- Able to challenge and/or improve organisational processes where it impacts the pace of the team or the quality of the deliverables.
- Able to identify what works best for the team and when to promote or change approaches and processes. Understands that all steps in a process must add value.
- Able to resolve tensions and difficulties as they arise.
Working at the University of Southampton:
Check out the staff benefits and why you should join us at The University of Southampton!
Please include your CV and statement of suitability/covering letter (maximum 2 pages) explaining how you consider your personal skills, qualities and experience to be relevant to the role.
The application deadline is midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need assistance, call Recruitment on +44 (0) 23 8059 2750, or email [email protected] . Quote the advert reference 2518423CD on all correspondence.
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and welcome applicants who supports our mission of inclusivity.
Apply by midnight on the closing date. For assistance contact Recruitment on +44(0)2380 592750 or [email protected] quoting the job number.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.