Salary: £29,382 – £36,567
Location: UK hybrid or remote with a minimum of one team day a month in the Haywards Heath office
Hours: Full-time (35 hours per week) or part time (circa 28 hours per week) with some flexibility around hours worked.
About the role
The Digital Fundraising team is looking for an enthusiastic, proactive individual to support the delivery of our optimisation work to help increase income across our digital channels. The ideal candidate will be data and results-driven, with experience in digital analytics and developing ideas on how to improve performance, user experience (UX) and drive conversions.
You should be comfortable working across teams and communicating complex information in an accessible way.
The Digital Fundraising Insight and Optimisation Executive support the delivery of research, analysis, testing and digital activity to improve performance and grow income.
Key duties will include:
- Day-to-day research and analysis using tools like GA4 and HotJar, including user research and landing page audits.
- Delivery of website A/B testing and researching opportunities to raise income online.
- Drawing trends and insights from data, ideating, and developing hypotheses for testing.
- Prioritising opportunities for optimisation based on their potential impact.
- Helping to QA experiments against defined scenarios.
- Working with stakeholders to create measurement plans, dashboards and provide actionable insights.
- Maintaining documentation in a digital knowledge base.
- Experience analysing data, researching and identifying new potential digital income opportunities to improve performance and aid decision-making
- Experience in web analytics tools
- Ability to demonstrate increasing sales or income online, and/or experience in a digital fundraising or marketing role
- Be data and results driven
- Have strong attention to detail and a track record of problem-solving
- Good organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and activities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to convey information (verbally and in writing) to both a technical and non-technical audience in an accessible way.
- A good understanding of digital marketing.
- An understanding of, and commitment to, equality of opportunities for all
Desirable (but not essential)
- Experience identifying new potential and fundraising opportunities
- Experience in using Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Looker Studio and HotJar
- Experience using A/B testing tools like Google Optimize or VWO
- Demonstrable interest in conversion rate optimisation and user experience (UX)
- Experience working with suppliers or technical stakeholders, like web developers.
This is a new and varied role with scope for the post-holder to make it their own. You’ll report to the Digital Fundraising Insight and Optimisation Manager and work closely with Digital Fundraising colleagues as well as colleagues in our Individual Giving, Web, Design and Branding, Campaigning, Social Media and Data Analysis teams. Please read the full job description for further details.
Sightsavers offers some fantastic benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package includes;
- Generous annual leave allowance of 26 days (plus bank holiday) at full time with option to buy/sell up to 5 days a year
- Contributory pension scheme; Sightsavers will match and double employee pension contribution, up to a maximum employer contribution of 10%
- Season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Easit travel card, giving 15% discount on Southern rail journeys
- Discounted gym membership, free access to the Headspace app, wellness discounts and access to Employee Assistance Programme, a 24/7 helpline offering a wide range of support.
- If you choose to work in or are visiting our collaborative, modern office space, you will find it an easy 20-minute train journey from Brighton or 45 minutes from London.
To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please complete an application via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying.
Interviews are expected to be remote and to take place in mid-October. The evaluation process is likely to include a two-stage verbal interview and a written task. We will share question themes in advance of interview to help candidates prepare.
Deadline to apply Monday 9 October.
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Individuals with lived experience in Sightsavers’ programmatic countries are encouraged to apply and we aim to encourage applicants from all socio-economic backgrounds and minority groups. If feel you would be better suited demonstrating your capability in an alternative way, please get in touch at Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Sightsavers is an employer that does not tolerate any form of harassment and has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse. All potential candidates will be subjected to rigorous background checks and controls.