Devon County Council
Farming in Protected Landscapes Officer
Fixed Term Until the 31st March 2025
Part Time 14.8 hours per week
Salary: £35,411 – £39,493 per annum, pro rata
Location: Blackdown Hills office, EX15 3SH or or home based.
An exciting opportunity to join the Blackdown Hills AONB team in Devon/
Job Purpose: To support the delivery of the Farming in Protected Landscapes (FiPL) programme on
behalf of the Blackdown Hills AONB Partnership. The role will be primarily supporting land
managers through agricultural transition over the next 3 years, including supporting/ leading
on the working up of capital work proposals on farms, to deliver nature recovery and other
objectives. Written recommendations will then be presented to an assessment panel for approval.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To provide a first point of contact between the Blackdown Hills AONB Partnership and
potential applicants to the FiPL programme.
- To lead on conservation, land management and access advice and guidance, to promote high
quality applications to the programme.
- To support applicants with their applications (and where necessary help guide subsequent
delivery), especially those applicants that are ‘harder to reach’ or cluster/ group
- To support the work of the FiPL Local Assessment Panel, including the provision of summary
reports and recommendations on applications.
- To ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of support offered under the programme,
including the management of multi-year agreements.
- To support the monitoring of progress towards the completion of funded projects.
- To support project and programme level evaluation, including reporting to Defra and the
- To help to ensure that action undertaken through the Programme is consistent with the
established purposes and complementary to the purpose of AONB designation
- To undertake other duties as required, consistent with the responsibility level of the
post, as directed by the AONB Lead.
Interview Date: Friday 31st March at Blackdown Hills office, EX15 3SH.
Location of job: Office at EX15 3SH or home based.
More information about the FiPL programme in the Blackdown Hills AONB
Farming in Protected Landscapes – Blackdown Hills AONB and Defra link to the national
funding for farming in protected landscapes – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Please contact Tim Youngs for an informal discussion [email protected]
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable
adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an
environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our
commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across
Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work
e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and
fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
Farming in Protected Landscapes Officer (Ref 4530) vacanciesin.eu DevonJobs vacanciesin.eu Apply Now
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.