University of Glasgow
Responsible and accountable for the day-to-day delivery of all finance operations related tasks ensuring income & expenditure processing is delivered in a timely manner, across all operational streams. To maintain a strong financial control environment, ensuring the accuracy of the University’s financial records and to maintain data integrity, whilst achieving service excellence through a strong customer focussed ethos.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensure the delivery of high quality input with a strong focus on controls through ensuring accuracy of data input and capture into the Financial Systems. This includes, but is not limited to:
• Responsible for the accuracy of books and records through timely allocation of income receipts, refunds processing and billing within agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
• Responsible for the effective management of the Sponsored Student process
• Accountable for the operational relationship with SAAS and ensuring the financial accuracy of SAAS Supported Student records and cash allocation
• Responsible for the daily management and reconciliation of all unallocated cash ensuring all receipts are allocated within agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Accountable for the review and processing of purchase invoices and payment requests received from both Suppliers and internal department
• Daily management and investigation of exception reporting relating to supplier debtor balance, duplicate suppliers and future dates invoices
• Support the collation of static data changes through collation of information for Data Control team • Delivery of monthly recharge reconciliation and process
• Responsible for the daily management of the team mailbox, using initiative and judgement to provide advice and resolve queries ensuring effective delivery against service level agreements (SLAs). Escalating where appropriate.
• Ensure delivery of all processes within SLAs and escalate to Supervisor where deliverables have not or are unlikely to be met allowing expectations to be managed accordingly
• Accountable for managing own assigned daily, weekly, and monthly tasks to ensure delivery of an efficient and effective service.
• Build and maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external customers to ensure delivery of service excellence whilst adhering to University values
2. Month End Processes & Controls
• Support the team supervisor to ensure Month End processes are delivered
• Completion of two-way reconciliation of supplier statements on a monthly basis
• Support the month end Bank and Balance Sheet reconciliation process, including resolution of reconciling items in a timely manner
3. Continuous Process Improvement and Business Efficiencies
• Challenge the status quo associated with current processes and work with management to identify opportunities for process improvement and/or improved control
• Support management in the delivery of analysis to support recommendations to reduce / mitigate risk
4. Adhoc project work
Support the team Supervisor on any Projects, and contribute to project work that will drive forward strategic benefits for the University and use financial data to validate proposals
Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Qualifications / Knowledge
A1 Ability to demonstrate the competencies required to undertake the duties associated with this level of post having acquired the necessary knowledge and skills in a similar role. Or: Scottish Credit and Qualification Framework level 5 or 6 (Advanced Higher / Scottish Vocational Qualification level 2 or 3, Higher National Certificate) or equivalent, and experience of personal development in a similar role
A2 Knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
B1 Knowledge of University financial and accounting procedures
B2 Knowledge of University Policies and Procedures
B3 Knowledge of University Accounts Receivable Procedures
B4 Proven understanding of control
C1 Strong organisational, time management and prioritising skills, with the ability to multi-task and deliver high quality work unsupervised and within tight deadlines
C2 Ability to challenge the status quo to support the drive around process improvement
C3 Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, clarifying requirements and responding appropriately
C4 High level of attention to detail
C5 Ability to use own initiative and work pro-actively with minimal supervision
C6 Excellent Team Player
C7 Flexible in approach, with the ability to react in a constantly changing and learning environment
E1 Recent relevant experience working in a Finance environment of a high volume processing, large organisation with qualifications or, without relevant qualifications but with evidence of progression and development gained through experience
E2 Experience of using computerised finance systems
E3 Extensive experience in using MS Office, minimum of Intermediate level within Excel
F1 Experience in the use of Agresso Financials
Terms and Conditions
Salary will be Grade 4, £22,197 – £24,715 per annum.
This post is full time (35 hours per week) and open ended.
As part of Team UofG you will be a member of a world changing, inclusive community, which values ambition, excellence, integrity and curiosity.
As a valued member of our team, you can expect:
1 A warm welcoming and engaging organisational culture, where your talents are developed and nurtured, and success is celebrated and shared.
2 An excellent employment package with generous terms and conditions including 41 days of leave for full time staff, pension – pensions handbook https://www.gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/payandpensions/pensions/, benefits and discount packages.
3 A flexible approach to working.
4 A commitment to support your health and wellbeing, including a free 6-month UofG Sport membership for all new staff joining the University https://www.gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/staff/healthwellbeing/.
We believe that we can only reach our full potential through the talents of all. Equality, diversity and inclusion are at the heart of our values. Applications are particularly welcome from across our communities and in particular people from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) community, and other protected characteristics who are under-represented within the University. Read more on how the University promotes and embeds all aspects of equality and diversity within our community https://www.gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/humanresources/equalitydiversity/.
We endorse the principles of Athena Swan https://www.gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/humanresources/equalitydiversity/athenaswan/ and hold bronze, silver and gold awards across the University.
We are investing in our organisation, and we will invest in you too. Please visit our website https://www.gla.ac.uk/explore/jobs/ for more information.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.