The National Forest
This is a crucial moment in the development of both the National Forest and the National Forest
Company, with a new 25-Year Vision for the National Forest, a new Corporate Plan for the
Company, and a renewed focus and purpose in light of the urgency of climate change. 200 square
miles, three decades, 9 million trees planted, and forest cover having increased from 6% to 22%
– we have a track record of making things happen.
The National Forest is one of the boldest environmentally led regeneration initiatives in the
country, and we are now looking to expand our team to put us on track to meet 33% forest cover
by 2045. We believe trees are the catalyst for change, enabling nature, society, and the
economy to thrive by working together. We believe a positive future is possible – and we can
show it’s happening, here and now.
We are currently looking for a Fundraising Manager to join our Development Team on a permanent,
- Salary of £37,295 – £41,425 per annum
- 30 days’ annual leave and 10.5 days public and privilege holidays
- Hybrid Working (minimum 3 days in the office)
- Civil Service Pension
- Employee Benefits Programme
- Performance awards
This is an unmissable opportunity for a motivated fundraising professional to step into a
rewarding role with our exceptional organisation.
With a thriving culture of innovation, new commercial assets and a calendar of high-profile
events, our organisation is the perfect place to further develop your fundraising career whilst
making a positive impact.
So, if you want to drive our success and play a key part in one of the most innovative
sustainability initiatives in the country, apply today!
As our Fundraising Manager, you will drive our income generation, focusing on meeting annual
targets and return on investment.
Working alongside the Director of Development, you will create and deliver our Income
Generation Strategy, developing new and existing initiatives to support sustainable fundraising
You will ensure that all our fundraising activities align with our brand framework and showcase
the charity’s purpose and aims.
Additionally, you will:
- Research and identify potential individual donors, businesses, trusts and foundations
- Build upon prospects to establish a cycle of long-term engagement and stewardship
- Develop effective messaging and materials for fundraising activities
- Line manage the Fundraising Officer
- Review the fundraising performance
To be considered as our Fundraising Manager, you will need:
- A track record of delivering efficient and effective fundraising strategies and programmes
- Experience of bid development and raising significant funds
- Experience of raising funds from corporates and delivering sponsorship arrangements
- At least three years’ line management experience
- A track record of dealing with sensitivity and complexity, including managing sensitive
relationships, data management and diverse audiences
- Membership of the Institute of Fundraising
- IT proficiency
- A degree or equivalent
The closing date for this role is the 14th April 2023.
Other organisations may call this role Philanthropy Manager, Charity Fundraising Manager,
Fundraising Team Lead, Fundraising Lead, Individual Giving Lead, or Community and Engagement
Webrecruit and The National Forest are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are
strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all
applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business
and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, to make an impact in this engaging and rewarding role as a Fundraising Manager, please
apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services
advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.