Purpose: Work with the Head of Fundraising and Communications to increase income from a number of income streams.
Responsible to: Head of Fundraising and Communications
Working with: Programme Hubs and external contacts as necessary
Location: RedR UK, 91-94 Lower Marsh Street, Waterloo
Post: Full time
REDR AND THE WORK WE DO
Every year, hundreds of millions of people around the world are affected by natural disasters and conflict. RedR UK is an international disaster relief charity which saves lives by giving aid workers the vital skills they need to do their jobs to the highest possible standard.
RedR UK provides training and technical support to NGOs and thousands of people each year in everything from providing emergency shelter to staying safe in the field, from project management after emergencies to essential water and sanitation skills and more.
RedR UK is also a Membership organisation, with a global network of 1,800 Members, all of whom are experienced humanitarian professionals. The RedR UK Membership is a mark of quality, enabling aid workers to obtain professional recognition of their skills and experience. RedR UK has offices in the UK and Jordan and works in over 40 countries each year.
RedR UK is part of RedR UK International, an international federation of organisations that share a common vision and mission.
RedR UK is committed to a strong, positive culture, with benefits for staff and those with whom we work. Our culture is also important to us in terms of our ethic of humanitarian impartiality and neutrality and our compliance with the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS) and other professional codes of conduct.
Our values are vitally important to us as individuals, teams and to RedR UK as a whole. We are committed to a continuous process of strengthening our culture, maintaining the high standards required to work together effectively, and delivering first class advice and service to those with whom we work.
About this role
The Fundraising and Communications Officer, who reports to the Head of Partnerships, is responsible for the coordination and administration of unrestricted fundraising, events, campaigns, appeals and supporter care.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure all donations from individuals, partners and agencies are collected and processed efficiently, effectively and in a timely manner, recorded in the database and that Gift Aid is reclaimed in a timely manner.
- Undertake prospect research for the Head of Partnerships.
- Provide accurate and relevant reports to support regular income and donor analysis.
- Assist the Head of Fundraising and Communications to promote individual, major donor and legacy giving to our current supporters and members.
- With the Head of Fundraising and Communications research and pursue unrestricted Trusts and Foundations income
- Contribute to the administration and stewardship of all individual and major donors and work with the Head of Fundraising and Communications to improve supporter care. Including acknowledging donations, maintaining regular correspondence with and writing reports.
- Contribute to the administration and stewardship of all RedR donors and work with the Fundraising Team to improve supporter care.
- Assist the Fundraising Coordinator and the Head of Fundraising and Communications and the wider team to organise events for HNWI and stewardship plan for current supporters.
- Work with partners to arrange RedR representation at special events.
- Assist the Fundraising Coordinator in managing supporter’s dinners & drinks receptions.
- Assist with developing and regularly updating RedR’s fundraising materials including the fundraising pack, sponsorship guides, website, social media, information leaflets and stock
- Support the communications department as and when needed.
- Dealing with general enquiries.
- To support the fundraising team with any other relevant and reasonable activities throughout the year
- Assisting with volunteers as necessary
- To work weekends and evenings where necessary for events or communicating with supporters in different time zones
- To work unusual hours at short notice in the event of an emergency appeal following a disaster
- All employees are required to adhere to RedR’s values of collaboration, excellence, lifelong learning, integrity and accountability.
- At least 1 year of experience working within fundraising.
- Experience with donor stewardship
- Systematic and efficient administrative skills
- Good written and Verbal communication skills.
- Excellent numeracy
- A flexible and collaborative approach to work
- An interest in the Humanitarian sector
- Experience in drafting correspondence
- Knowledge of Gift Aid guidelines and claim procedures
- Experience of using the Salesforce database platform or any other similar CRM systems
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] before 25th March