We are currently recruiting a Fundraising Officer to join our Philanthropy & Communications team.
This is a remote position, open to candidates in the UK.
At Relief International, we are committed to building a representative, inclusive and authentic workplace. We strongly encourage applications from candidates from minoritized backgrounds those who bring lived experience of the contexts in which we work.
Note you must have the right to work in your home-based location and that national terms and conditions will apply.
This role is classified as requiring standard pre-employment checks.
About Relief International.
Relief International (RI) works in 15 countries globally to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises, and chronic poverty.
About the Opportunity.
Building on our existing events programme, you will design (with support from the Philanthropy and Communications team), plan and execute dynamic and engaging events to include both in-person and virtual audiences. These will include small dinners, lunches and receptions in the UK & USA, our regular webinar series, and a donor country visit in 2024.
Your responsibilities will be
- Manage and develop a mixed pipeline of donors and prospects, securing donations to achieve individual targets and contribute towards annual targets and future financial years.
- Support and coordinate major donor communications, including writing and reviewing copy for Impact reports, newsletters, thank you letters and annual review mailings
- Coordinate and support fundraising campaigns, including online giving platforms, peer-to-peer fundraising, and crowdfunding such as Global Giving.
- Plan, organize, and execute fundraising events and donor/prospect events.
- National and international travel, as required (less than 15%, if any)
You will bring the following experience and skills.
- Experienced with in-person and virtual event management
- Experienced with individual donor management
- Strong communication skills
- Skilled with managing various digital platforms
- Highly organised
- Knowledgeable about US locations
Research shows that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs, unless they meet every single requirement. If you’re excited about this role, but your experience doesn’t align with every criteria described, we encourage you to apply anyway, you could be exactly what we need!
How to apply.
To apply for this post, click on the “Apply” button in the job advert page.
- You will be asked to upload a CV and Cover Letter.
- The cover letter should be two pages, and explain why you are interested in this post with Relief International and how your skills and experience make you a good fit.
Closing date: Please apply immediately we will be reviewing applicants on a rolling basis, therefore we may withdraw the position from the jobs board before the closing date.
As a humanitarian organization, Relief International is committed to the safeguarding of all those we come into contact with through our work. We are committed to the core humanitarian principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse. Relief International expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and uphold the values and behaviors outlined in the Code of Conduct.
Recruitment to all roles in Relief International include a criminal records self-declaration, references, and other pre-employment checks, which may include police and qualifications checks.