The School of Science and Engineering has an international reputation for excellent teaching and topical research, particularly in addressing global challenges in energy, the environment, health care, technology, forensic science and infrastructure.
With its awardwinning Centre for Anatomy and Human Identification (CAHID), and departments in engineering, computing, physics and mathematics, the School offers a portfolio of disciplines and curriculums and state of the art facilities which prepare nd inform the scientists and engineers of tomorrow. The School is run by an enthusiastic, committed and approachable team of experts who are recognised for their teaching approaches. It is also one of the fastest growing schools within the University.
This post represents an exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of the Centre for Anatomy and Human Identification in the School of Science and Engineering at the University of Dundee. The post holder will participate in the development and delivery of both high-quality programmes of education and training and research/scholarship in undergraduate and postgraduate anatomical teaching to a wide variety of students, with an emphasis on gross anatomy.
Your priorities will include:
- Carry out teaching and supervision at postgraduate and undergraduate level to a variety of students (medical, dental, anatomy, forensic anthropology, biomedical engineering, art) in relevant subjects (eg gross anatomy, histology, neuroanatomy, embryology as appropriate)
- Make a contribution to excellence in research-led teaching in gross anatomy and/or the other anatomical sciences that complements existing strengths and resources in the Centre
- Develop innovative approaches to teaching
- Devise and assess coursework and examinations for undergraduate and postgraduate classes and provide feedback to students
- Carry out quality and academic standards processes and administration for the programmes to enhance the student experience
Who we’re looking for:
- BSc/MSc in anatomy or related subject
- PhD (or soon to complete) in anatomy or related subject
- Experience of cadaveric dissection
- Experience of delivering neuroanatomy, histology and embryology teaching at University level
- Already Licenced Teacher of Anatomy or meeting requirements to become one
- Clear evidence of interest in learning and teaching and innovative teaching methods
- Ability to generate external funding for research/scholarship and/or knowledge exchange projects
We are one of the UK’s leading universities, internationally recognised for our expertise across a range of disciplines and research breakthroughs in multiple areas, including science, medicine and engineering, amongst many others. Our purpose is to transform lives, locally and globally, which we do as a community of staff (Professional Services and academic Schools), students and alumni. Professional Services directorates are key to delivering the University strategy and driving change across the University.
The diversity of our staff and students helps to make the University of Dundee a UK university of choice for undergraduate, postgraduate and distance learning. Family friendly policies, staff networks for BME, Disabled and LGBT staff, membership of Athena SWAN, the ECU Race Equality Charter and Stonewall as well a full range of disability services, create an enjoyable and inclusive place to work.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.