Forth Rivers Trust
The Forth Rivers Trust have been working with partners 3Keel to develop a project in the Leven
Catchment (initially Perth & Kinross with potential to expand into Fife) which focuses on
engaging green finance with nature restoration, tackling some of the pressures that the loch
and its tributaries face whilst supporting businesses to invest in nature.
The project is funded by the Facility for Investment Ready Nature in Scotland (FIRNS), from
Nature Scot and National Lottery Heritage Fund, to establish a Leven Landscape Enterprise
Network (LENs) by creating a Community Interest Company and establishing the project’s first
We require an enthusiastic individual passionate about nature, landowner & community
engagement, developing projects and interested in supporting green financing initiatives in
Scotland to become our LENS Engagement and Development Officer.
The LENS Engagement & Development Officer will work with the Trust’s partners to help
develop and deliver the Leven LENS objectives laid out in our FIRNS project, ensuring land
managers are engaged and opportunities are found to pitch to businesses to invest in nature.
The role will also be key in developing opportunities for communities and individuals to engage
with green skills training and the opportunities of green finance.
This is a 12 month initial contract with the option to extend based on the success of the
Salary: £27,000 per annum FTE. For candidates with more project management experience, consideration will be made for
part-time (2-3 days per week) at a higher rate of pay.
Key tasks and responsibilities
Key tasks and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Engaging land managers to deliver ecosystem services that fit their estate management plan
and/or farming or forestry business
- Scope, design and cost environmental projects which could be delivered during the Leven
LENs trading stages
- Help develop funding applications, proposals and propositions to potential funders to
secure funding to deliver projects
- Engage businesses and pitch ideas to them for green finance investments, which could
benefit their business and the wider environment
- Support the partners in developing the Leven LENS project
- Engage communities about the project through information events, talks, social media and
- Degree level education or above in an environmental or land management subject
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills; comfortable with various
stakeholder groups such as land managers, agencies, farmers, communities, contractors,
suppliers and other organisations
- Experience in project management with a proven ability to plan, report and work to
- A good understanding of land management, farming and forestry practices
- A full clean driving license
- Knowledge of green finance and how it can help restore nature
- Familiarity with LENs and what it is
- Knowledge of businesses’ needs for investing in the environment and how to proposition them
- Knowledge of a variety of funding mechanisms to support project delivery
- Knowledge in river restoration and the impacts of land management on river restoration
- Knowledge of GIS and data management
Please submit a CV and cover letter detailing why you are suitable for this post to: [email protected]
Please include a sample if you have examples of previous river restoration or green
finance work you have designed and implemented.
Closing date for applications: Friday 17th November
Interviews will be held the week beginning 20th November in person at the
Forth Rivers Trust office EH10 7DU.
Please note, we require that all candidates provide proof of right to work in the UK.
Unfortunately we are unable to sponsor candidates.
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.