16 Nov 2023
- Renaissance Fusion
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
- Recognised Researcher (R2)
- Application Deadline
- 1 Mar 2024 – 23:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- To be defined
- Job Status
- Hours Per Week
- To be defined
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
- Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
Renaissance Fusion is the first Magnetic Confinement Fusion company in the EU. We are building the first net-energy producing stellarator by combining proprietary innovations in modular design, the manufacturing of next-generation High-Temperature Superconducting (HTS) magnets, and liquid-metal (LM) walls. We are forming a team of the brightest, most driven scientists and engineers to realize and commercialize our non-fusion products within 2 years and integrated fusion solutions within 10 years.
Specifically, we are looking for talented mechanical engineers to design, simulate new products, parts, equipment or mechanical machines and supervise their manufacture to support the construction & integration of the stellarator. According to your background and skills, you will be assigned to one of the following teams: Magnet-Vacuum-Cryogenics; HTS (superconductor), Liquid Metals, Heat- Diagnostics-Balance-of plant, where you will work on very exciting projects!
Our team is young, agile, international, and based in the exciting city of Grenoble, by the French Alps.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Define and size mechanical solutions to meet the required specifications of custom-made parts for the on-site construction of first-of-a-kind machines /prototypes taking into account manufacturing constraints, operating environment (such as vacuum, temperature)
- Conceive innovative designs and realize their detailed 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD) models.
- Coordinate with her/his team members to integrate the input and output data of each project: integrate and interface the different parts of the design as required (mechanical, electrical, thermal, chemical, nuclear, material and/or vacuum perspective)
- Generate computer models suitable for simulation, fast prototyping and other R&D and commercial purposes; integrate feedback from simulations and tests to iteratively optimize designs
- Perform stack-up analyses (fits, misalignments)
- Create and update the definition data: bill of materials, drawings of parts and assemblies, technical notes
- Carry out multi-physics numerical simulations of supplied 3D CAD models (Structural Mechanics, CFD, Heat Transfer, etc…)
- Update and maintain simulation results, in coordination with the update and maintenance of design files
- Integrate and interface the different parts of the design as required (mechanical, electrical, thermal, chemical, nuclear, material and/or vacuum perspective)
- Participate when needed in the search for suppliers of components and/or manufacturing companies and collaborate with them on technical aspects
- Supervise and/or participate in the in-house or outsourced construction of parts, equipment or mechanical machine
You are the ideal profile if:
*Education and professional experience
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree + equivalent experience in mechanical engineering or related field
- Experience in machine design and/or FEM simulations of complex systems and in manufacturing
- Fluent in English (C2)
- Knowledge (B1 or higher) of French is a plus
- CAD design software such as SolidWorks, Inventor…
- ANSYS, COMSOL Multiphysics or other finite element software
- Knowledge of numerical modelling of scientific or industrial relevance
- Understanding of the mathematical basis of FEM modelling
- Coding in Python, Matlab or other programming language, as well as knowledge in machining techniques, is a plus
- Number of offers available
- Renaissance Fusion
Where to apply
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.