Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 30,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
- this position can be 100% remote
- candidate must be located in the US
- visa sponsorship is not available for this position
In this role you will work within a multidisciplinary global team to discover, define, and design experiences that empower farmers to work more effectively and efficiently by utilizing our data-driven solutions.
The ideal candidate will:
- Work collaboratively with Data Scientists and Data engineers to deploy and operate systems.
- Help automate and streamline our operations and processes.
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, testing, and production environments
- Operate and maintain systems supporting the provisioning of new clients, applications, and features.
- Day-to-day monitoring of the Production service delivery environment to ensure all services and applications are operating optimally and SLAs are met.
- Software deployment and configuration management in both QA and Production environments.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists and Data Engineers on feature development teams to containerize and build out deployment pipelines for new modules
- Design, build and optimize applications containerization and orchestration with Docker and Kubernetes and AWS or Azure
- Automate applications and infrastructure deployments.
- Produce build and deployment automation scripts to integrate between services
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are highly people-focused – we look for professionals who are engaged, collaborative and excellent in execution. Leaders are expected to communicate effectively, develop teams and lead by example. Our industry and our function are changing rapidly so we are looking for new team members with a strong desire to develop themselves. You will be a great fit if you have:
- At least 5 years’ post-academia experience working with cloud-base services and DevOps concepts, tools and practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with highly technical resources in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in cross-functional Agile engineering teams
- Ability to solve complex challenges/problems and rapidly deliver innovative solutions
- Knowledge of machine learning frameworks: Tensorflow, Pytorch, and Keras
- Familiarity with standard concepts and technologies used in CI/CD build, deployment pipelines
- Extensive experience with Unix/AIX/Linux environments
- Experience with:
- scripting and coding using Python, Shell
- logging tools such as Splunk, ElasticSearch, Kibana, Logstash
- monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, AlertManager, PagerDuty
- Docker Swarm, Amazon Web Service, Kubernetes.
- MLFlow, Qubeflow, MLTracking, MLExperiment
- Experience in big data technologies: Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka.
- Big data technical stack experience such as HDFS, Spark, Kafka
WHAT WE OFFER:
Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts the same day you do
401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
Open Vacation Policy with a minimum of 15 days of vacation and up to 30 days with manager approval, 9 Paid Holidays
Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts among others
A culture that promotes work/life balance, celebrates diversity, and offers numerous family-oriented events throughout the year
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s (EEOC)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.