Imperial College London
The post holder will be required to provide outstanding and proactive executive level business management for the Director of Communications and the wider Division. The post holder will work alongside the Director of Communications and Executive team to shape the Division’s strategy and coordinate its delivery, achieve widespread understanding of the College’s mission, vision and aims, and build and maintain the College’s brand, image and reputation.
Duties and responsibilities
Your key responsibilities will include managing and monitoring the Division’s strategy, identifying opportunities to strengthen the operational and strategic management of the Division. This will involve determining work priorities, monitoring performance, planning and coordinating the division’s HR and finance activities, and producing briefings and reports. In performing these duties, the topics covered will be wide ranging, move at a range of speeds with changing priorities, and will require a high level of personal discretion and confidentiality.
- Experience of planning and progressing work activities, delivering the aims and objectives
- Experience of working effectively in a changing environment, handling
- multiple activities at once
- Experience of managing financial and human resources processes and activities and monitoring large budgets.
- Experience of analysing and disseminating information efficiently and effectively
- Analytical skills and problem-solving skills, with the ability to apply knowledge creatively in new contexts and think beyond traditional solutions
- A very high standard of written and spoken English, with the ability to produce clear and concise written material
- Ability to work with contacts from all levels and backgrounds to build and sustain successful working relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate confidently and effectively with a broad range of people
- Flexibility and the ability to work under pressure, manage a diverse workload and respond to changing priorities without full-time supervision
- Highly efficient administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent standards of accuracy, consistency and attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team or on his/her own initiative
- A willingness to undertake training to improve his/her skills base
This is a fixed term secondment for 12 months (subject to notice period).
Should you require any further details on the role please contact: Zoe Paxton, Director of Communications at [email protected]
The College is currently trialling a Work Location Framework until early 2023. Hybrid working may be considered for this role and the role holder may be expected to work 60% or more of their time onsite, with 40% the minimum time spent onsite. The opportunity for hybrid working will be discussed at interview.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.