CYBER SECURITY PARTNER SPECIALIST
Job Role Description:
The primary focus of the role is to build credibility & trust with Partner Senior Executives and to inspire investments in Cisco-centric security practices. There will be two key partner focused objectives: influencing partner sales teams & driving strategic alignment.
First, influencing partner business transformation in the form of new solution/service offerings, unique value propositions & differentiation, sales & operational processes, and internal consumption of Cisco security solutions. Another key component is driving Partner Sales Productivity. This will require the Cyber Security Partner Specialist to grow registered opportunity bookings via Cisco Security Programs (within a specific portfolio of partners) as well as build trust, credibility & relevance with Partners’ sales teams to increase the number of active Partner AM sellers of Cisco security solutions. Success will require a strong baseline of experience in customer-centric sales of Cisco security solutions & the related ability to coach by example (adopting a “train, teach, position” methodology, which may require joint customer calls). Key performance indicators will be followed to measure progress on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
The Second focus of the position is to drive strategic alignment between our Partners & Cisco’s Sales Teams to maximize our collective success. This will require working with Cisco Regional Sales Managers (inside & outside of GSSO) as well as the local Manager of Partner Operations to develop, communicate & execute Regional Go-to-Market, Channel Plans which include focus/big bet partner identification, early engagement/inclusion initiatives, and loyalty, recognition, & communication plans.
Key Responsibilities include the following:
• Understand key industry trends and dynamics that are driving the need for major partner AND customer change in security
• Build capacity, capability, & collaboration within a portfolio of Partners to achieve: Loyalty & Transformation
• Develop a close partnership with the Cisco Technical Solutions Architect in order to lead and execute a technical strategy that is aligned to the Partner’s commercial strategy
• Engage & Coordinate Extended Team resources to provide multiple touchpoints within a Partner’s organization to scale resources, & drive accountability for the achievement of Partner goals & objectives
• Establish a reputation as a SALES leader- capable of articulating how customers achieve business transformation (assist Partners with GTM strategies, planning, & provide sales coaching through customer-facing engagements)
• Demonstrate, quantify, and translate how technology can provide customers (through partners) with sustainable competitive advantage and improve business outcomes
• Leverage financial acumen & sales experience to grow mindshare & wallet share within Partner’s Account Teams
• Continued investment in personal development (including product / solution expertise tied to Cisco’s Security Priorities)
Required Skill Sets & Experience:
The successful candidate will bring a significant knowledge base and in-depth understanding of BOTH: Sales & Channels dynamics. Previous experience of 5+ year working in channel sales and/or a Commercial, Enterprise, SLED, GSP or Security Account Manager is preferred.
Individual must be able to quickly establish credibility with Partner principals & sales teams. They must inspire trust and be viewed as a sales leader – capable of training, teaching, & helping partners position Cisco’s security solutions in customer-facing engagements.
The ability to listen, make recommendations and influence Partner executives is required. A strong personal network of executive relationships is optimal. This person will need to be a strategic thinker with effective communication & influence skills.
A successful candidate will be customer focused, achievement-driven and possess an impressive executive demeanor. They will bring a true team-orientation and collaborative approach in addition to possessing excellent presentation skills, including strong verbal and writing capabilities.
Finally, this individual must have a level of business maturity, flexibility and the instincts to adapt to a high-energy, dynamic environment characterized by high growth expectations and a collaborative culture. This individual must work extremely well in cooperative teams, but also expect to work independently and with a set of diverse individuals on a regular basis.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.