Are you looking for a Payroll Manager opportunity. Do you want to head up a small Payroll Team which manages all aspects of a monthly Further Education College payroll.
If so, then Brockenhurst College is seeking a new Payroll Manager to join the Human Resources and Payroll team. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £35,024 to £40,613 per annum DOE.
We are looking for someone who has previous Payroll experience dealing with end-to-end payroll processes and is either already at manager/supervisor level or ready for that next step.
We are a busy team, based on the College Main Campus in Brockenhurst Village. We can offer you a great working environment and opportunities to learn so please apply today if this sounds like the job you are looking for.
Contracted working hours
WESS, Brockenhurst College
£35,024 to £40,613 per annum
As the Payroll Manager you will work closely with the HR Manager to:
- Ensure effective and efficient delivery of the in-house payroll function.
- Management of multiple pension schemes and compliance with related regulations.
- Compliance with HMRC regulations and UK tax law.
- Compliance with College policies and obligations to Human Resources.
- Working jointly with Finance to ensure compliance with audit requirements (internal and external).
- Line management of and working alongside the Payroll Assistant.
- Contribute to business planning and development of systems and processes.
- Develop and deliver innovative solutions.
What are we looking for:
- Strong experience with payroll software and MS Office (especially Excel) to extract, use and manipulate payroll data.
- Demonstrable experience processing high volume monthly payrolls from start to finish.
- Proven understanding of UK PAYE legislation and a good understanding of how to calculate deductions such overpayments, maternity, sickness payments, Tax and National Insurance.
- Strong communication skills and a keen eye for detail.
- You will have proven track record of building good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- experience of running an in-house payroll (500+ employees).
Benefits as the Payroll Manager will include:
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff)
- An option to purchase further leave through our Annual Leave Purchase Scheme (Support Staff only)
- On-site Nursery offers childcare at superb rates in and outside of term time
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free eye care vouchers
- Free secure onsite parking
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to the College. This is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff at the College.
- Access to onsite Gym, Tennis/Badminton courts, Football pitches (indoor & out)
- Weekly staff Yoga and Football
If you are interested in applying, then complete our on-line application. Please be aware we only accept fully completed applications, therefore please take the time to complete our application form.
The closing date for this role is 2 October 2023 with interviews to be held soon after.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.