Blue Marine Foundation
Blue Marine Foundation is working to restore the ocean to health by creating marine reserves,
restoring vital habitats and tackling overfishing. Our mission is to see at least 30 per cent
of the world’s ocean under effective protection by 2030. With 50 conservation and restoration
projects around the world, Blue Marine has become a powerful force in the fight to save our
Blue Marine is a dynamic, impactful charity which has tripled in size over the last four years.
To support our growing team, we have created a new role to work alongside our existing
outsourced HR team, Edelweiss. We require an experienced HR professional who can help us
maintain a friendly and supportive culture within a fast-growing and pioneering organisation.
Location: Somerset House, London with flexibility to work from home
Hours: The role could be full-time, but part-time (three or four days a week) or flexible
working applicants are also encouraged
Due to the rapid expansion of the team, the need has arisen for an in-house People and Culture
Manager to be the in-house point of contact for HR at Blue Marine.
Blue Marine works with an external HR consultancy, Edelweiss, to support payroll, contracts,
onboarding, policies, holiday, sick leave and maternity management. There is now a need for an
in-house HR professional to make this role their own, with the continued support of the
The People and Culture Manager will be responsible for the implementation of Blue Marine’s HR
strategies, policies and initiatives. This role will be pivotal in maintaining a positive and
inclusive work environment where people thrive professionally and personally, in attracting and
retaining top talent and in fostering employee development.
- Collaborate with senior management to design, develop and deliver a people plan to ensure
that Blue Marine remains a ‘great place to work’.
- Provide guidance on resource requirements and succession planning.
- Provide HR updates to the charity’s board at quarterly meetings.
Talent Acquisition and Recruitment
- Oversee the recruitment process.
- Work closely with hiring managers to define job profiles and requirements, in collaboration
with our outsourced HR consultancy.
- Support line managers in the selection process.
- Oversee the induction process of all new starters in collaboration with the Induction
Employee Development and Performance Management
- Update and implement performance management systems, including objective setting, regular
feedback and appraisal process.
- Collaborate with managers to create individual plans and identify opportunities for
development and growth.
- Oversee and administer employee training and development.
- Source a digital training platform allowing employees to train in an agile and flexible
- Provide internal HR support to the team.
- Foster a positive employee experience by addressing concerns, conflicts, and maintaining
open lines of communication.
- Ensure legal compliance and best practice and that policies and procedures are followed and
kept up to date.
Culture, Engagement and Well-being
- Develop and execute engagement initiatives that promote a strong sense of belonging and
improve overall job satisfaction.
- Monitor and evaluate employee satisfaction and engagement by using surveys and other
- Proactively work from the feedback and create action plans for improvement.
- Design, implement and continuously improve well-being programmes, including initiatives
related to mental health, physical wellness, stress management, work-life balance and personal
Compensation and Benefits
- Oversee compensation and benefits programmes ensuring they remain competitive and aligned
with the charity sector.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
- Chair EDI Committee and ensure that Blue Marine is at the forefront of EDI values.
- Champion efforts to create a diverse and inclusive workforce that values and respects
Skills, Experience and Attributes:
- CIPD Level 5 or qualified by experience.
- In-depth understanding of employment law, regulations and best practice.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, high levels of empathy.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and influence at all levels.
- High level of integrity, discretion and professionalism.
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.