NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
The Institute for Environment & Sustainability (IES) at the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy (LKYSPP), National University of Singapore has openings for exciting, cutting edge, and problem focused post-doctoral/research fellow positions in environmental or ecological economics, with an emphasis on climate, water, energy, forests, and sustainable livelihoods.
Successful applicants will contribute to IES’ mission to advance “fit for purpose policy analysis”, and its emphasis on policy design capacity building and policy learning. Successful applicants will contribute to IES’ burgeoning Climate Policy Design Lab (CPDL) and/or its Center for Water Policy (CWP). The candidate will lead policy-relevant research projects, take responsibility for project and grant management, and contribute to stakeholder liaison and outreach of the Institute. All candidates should have a strong willingness to contribute to IES’ mission and to engage with new topics and research tools.
Those seeking further information to assess their potential for this position, are welcome to contact co-Deputy Director, Maki Nakajima ([email protected] ). Please send your CV to express your interest.
- Design, implement and lead research projects under IES’ various research programmes.
- Prepare high quality research papers on topics related to IES’core research themes suitable for publication in high-tier academic journals.
- Contribute to grant and institute-level reporting requirements and funding proposals/applications.
- Provide support for IES’ events and outreach activities.
- Engage with policy and research communities in Singapore, Asia, and around the world.
- As environmental problem solving requires integrating a diversity of knowledge and research, we welcome applicants who specialize in either qualitative or quantitative analysis.
- PhD in Environmental or ecological economics or related training in public policy.
- Excellent quantitative analytical skills with knowledge of econometrics.
- Proficiency in statistical software such as STATA and R.
- Experience in managing research projects, writing project reports, and conducting survey/focus groups.
- Preference for those with good and relevant publication records / working papers.
- Excellent verbal and written English.
- Good time management skills and ability to multi-task effectively.
Location: Bukit Timah Campus
Organization: Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
Department: Institute of Water Policy
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 22334
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.