We’re a commercial motor insurer on a mission to save people time and money. From nationwide taxi fleets to self-employed scooter delivery riders, our customers are our driving force. We work hard to make insurance simple, affordable and stress-free for every one of them.
When we started back in 2016, we knew that traditional insurance held businesses back. It was too complicated, too time consuming, and it wasn’t priced fairly. So we set out to change that, building insurance products to empower professional drivers throughout the UK, Europe and beyond.
So far, we’ve raised over $200 million in funding, and we’re proud to hold the title of the UK’s first insurtech Unicorn (a private company valued at over $1 billion). We’ve grown from a scrappy start-up into an industry changing organisation. And there’s plenty more to come.
How we work
We believe that teams work better when they have time to collaborate and space to get things done. We call it Zego Hybrid.
It’s not “hybrid working” as you might know it – we don’t ask you to work from the office on set days. It’s a flexible approach that allows every Zegon to be their best.
Home can still be your primary place of work, with team days and events at our central London office when we need to get together. We cover the costs for all company-wide events (3 per year), and provide a separate hybrid contribution to help pay towards travel costs for our monthly pizza socials and other team get-togethers.
We think it’s a good mix of collaborative face time and flexible home-working, setting us up to achieve that right balance between work and life.
Overview of team
The mission of the BI & Analytics team at Zego is to deliver relevant and reliable information aimed at the right people at the right time to facilitate rapid and effective decision making supported by data. It is a small and dynamic team, responsible for all the aspects related to data, including making data available, data cleaning, extraction, problem formulation and definition of success metrics, reporting and analytics.
Purpose of role
We are seeking a passionate Senior Data Analyst with a true passion for data. You don’t just produce data. You use it and help turn data into actionable information, and you will deliver reporting and analysis to support our key strategic initiatives. To succeed in this role you will have data analytics experience, be hungry to grow in an exciting data-driven scale-up and ideally have dabbled in product analytics. .
What you will be working on
- You will work closely with the commercial and product teams to identify and assess the main OKRs driving B2C business growth and performance.
- You will regularly monitor the performance of our products, run deep dive analyses and provide senior leaders with proactive recommendations to identify opportunities.
- You will support teams to set operational targets and keep them honest by tracking performance against those targets
- You will own your day-to-day, prioritising the most valuable pieces of work and work closely with other analysts to collaborate and support where necessary
- You will own your reporting – set up and maintain reports and dashboards using various tools (SQL, Looker, Amplitude, Excel, etc.)
- You will be responsible for making data available to internal and external stakeholders in a digestible form. This might include designing and creating appropriate ETL processes and partnering with the Data Engineering team to implement them
What you will need to be successful
- You have worked in Data Analytics teams, and have previous experience as an analyst working with the business to report, analyse and draw insights from data.
- You know how to build dashboards (we use Looker) and have advanced Excel skills. You have an advanced understanding of SQL and you are comfortable using online (web & app) analytics tools such as GA or Amplitude.
- You are a smart, strategic thinker who is great at solving problems (not just ones that involve numbers!), able to execute against tight deadlines in a fast-moving start-up.
- You are hungry to advance in the world of data analytics, building your technical skills, open to different areas of analytics and platforms and keen to grow in the company.
- You have strong stakeholder management skills across a variety of different levels of seniority. You are able to prioritise a long list of requests into a work plan and manage expectations accordingly.
- You have a team-centric outlook, your work is part of the team’s overall plan. You are happy to contribute to individual projects or support others with theirs.
What it’s like to work @ Zego
Zego has a truly international and inclusive team, unified by great ideas and collaborative thoughtfulness. Our people are the most important part of our story and everyone plays an essential role in our journey. We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and who are motivated by change. There’s plenty of room to learn and grow, as part of our ongoing training programmes or directly from other experts. You’ll work alongside a talented group of people who respect each other’s differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
We reward our people well. Join us and you’ll get a market competitive salary, private medical insurance, company share options, generous holiday allowance and a whole lot of wellbeing benefits. And that’s just for starters.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.