Senior Project Manager
London (with hybrid working)
The International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED) is a policy and action research organisation promoting sustainable development and linking local priorities to global challenges. We are based in London and work on five continents with some of the world’s most vulnerable people to strengthen their voices in the decision-making arenas that affect them. With more than 150 members of staff working with associates and partners around the world, IIED has been at the forefront of evidence-based policymaking in sustainable development for over 50 years.
The Sustainable Markets Group works to ensure that markets – big and small – are fair and enable poor people and nature to thrive. Our research focuses on the mechanisms, structures and policies that bring about more inclusive and green economies. Our strength is in finding locally appropriate solutions to complex global and national problems.
We are currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our Sustainable Markets Group on a permanent, full-time basis, working 35 hours per week.
– Salary of £43,082 – £53,525 per annum
– 25 days’ annual leave per year, increasing with service
– Closure between Christmas and New Year with additional paid holiday
– 7.5% employer’s pension contributions
– An employee protection scheme offering a flexible menu of benefits
– An interest-free season-ticket loan
– A cycle-to-work scheme offering tax savings on the cost of purchasing a bike for travel to and from work
– An employee assistance programme
– Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption policies
– Enhanced sick pay entitlements, increasing with length of service
– Flexible working options
– Support for learning and development
– Compassionate leave up to ten days per annum
– Dependents leave
– Eye tests and glasses
– Therapy treatment
This is an incredible opportunity for a talented project manager with experience in an international context and a strong grasp of Sustainable Development to join our leading organisation.
Your skill set and expertise will provide an essential foundation for our research as we support emerging economies and ensure fairness across all markets.
Plus, whether you’re after financial security, flexible working options or excellent learning and development opportunities, we’ll make sure you’re taken care of with our extensive range of benefits.
So, if you want to join us in our mission to build a fairer, more sustainable world, then apply today!
As a Senior Project Manager, you will provide project management, financial and administrative support to our Sustainable Markets Group. You will focus on project management and co-ordination as well as getting involved with finance, business development and fundraising activities.
Specifically operating within our Inclusive Green Economy and Energy Teams, you will oversee projects and programmes, lead on donor, partner, subcontractor and consultancy contracts and monitor progress against donor contracts.
You will draft financial and narrative documents for donor reporting and support team and project leaders and managers with the preparation of technical reports.
Additionally, you will:
– Liaise with donors and subcontractors
– Set up systems and processes for managing and monitoring projects
– Manage project budgets and finances
– Act as Bid Manager for funding proposals, as required
– Organise events and workshops
To be considered as our Senior Project Manager, you will need:
– Experience managing a portfolio of complex budgets, financial planning, reporting, monitoring and procurement
– Experience working in an international context and engaging with funders and partners in the Global North and South
– Experience managing different phases of the project cycle
– Experience in co-ordination and strategic support roles
– Experience working on the funding bids cycle
– Experience organising meetings and events
– Experience supporting busy individuals, frequently travelling or based at other locations
– An understanding of the issues involved in Sustainable Development
– Proficiency in IT, including Word, Outlook and PowerPoint, with intermediate Excel skills
– A project management qualification
The closing date for this role is 27th September 2023.
Interviews are scheduled to take place on w/c 9th October 2023.
IIED is a hybrid working organisation and you are likely to be working from home most of the time. As such, you will need a suitable place to work and a reliable, fast internet connection.
Other organisations may call this role Programme Manager, Senior Programme Co-ordinator, Project Delivery Manager, Charity Project Manager, Senior Project Lead, Senior Project Operations Manager, PMO Manager, or Senior Project Development Manager.
Webrecruit and IIED are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you want to support our global organisation as a Senior Project Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.