King's College London
Job id: 077552. Salary: £32,179 to £35,596 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance.
Posted: 02 November 2023. Closing date: 16 November 2023.
Business unit: Estates Trading. Department: Catering Services – Guy’s.
Contact details:Lewis Linley. 07880 298863 or email lewis.linley @kcl.ac.uk
Location: Guy’s Campus. Category: Professional & Support Services.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Sous Chef to join our busy team at the Henriette Raphael Building on our Guys campus. Reporting into the Head Chef you will be responsible for assisting with the day to day running of the kitchen operations focusing on quality and consistency. This is a hands-on role and ideally you will have experience at a similar level and above all else have the drive and deliver excellence of service. This is a busy and challenging role, and the ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Have a strong craft background.
- Eye for detail
- Be passionate about food.
- The ability to lead by example.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Financial awareness with the ability to manage costs.
- Superb customer service skills
- Be up to date with current food trends.
- Have a good knowledge and understanding of health, hygiene, and legislative requirements.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract
This is a full-time post
- Lead the kitchen team and supervise the daily production of all food items.
- Maintain high levels of hygiene and comply with all food hygiene and health and safety regulations.
- Check food wastage and monitor food cost targets.
- Develop the kitchen team in line with business requirements.
- Communicate standards and service requirements.
- Plan daily workload and ensure the service is ready on time.
- Inspect dishes for taste, presentation, and quality before service.
- Brief catering assistants on the daily menus and content of dishes
- Supervise the production and delivery of meals throughout service.
- Conduct stock checks and place orders with suppliers
- Address customers’ requests and enquiries
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post*.*
Skills, knowledge, and experience
We ask all candidates to submit a copy of their CV, and a supporting statement, detailing how they meet the essential criteria listed in the advert. If we receive a strong field of candidates, we may use the desirable criteria to choose our final shortlist, so please include your evidence against these where possible.
To find out how our managers review your application, please take a look at our ‘How we Recruit’ pages.
This role does not meet the requirements of the Home Office and therefore we are not able to offer sponsorship for candidates who require the right to work in the UK.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.