Could you be our next Sustainability Advisor? Would you like to join an organisation taking
real action for people and the environment?
PECT is an independent charity creating sustainable places by supporting the reduction of
resource use, enhancing the natural environment, educating on the changes needed and improving
the health and well-being of communities that we work with.
Based at the entrance to a country park on the outskirts of Peterborough, PECT is a fun and
dynamic place to work. We deliver real impact and benefits for the environment and our values
are based on our team, partners and those we work with:
- People – Strong and vibrant team who are committed to sustainability
- Change – Creating sustainable places that are better for people and the environment
- Expertise – Use knowledge and experience to design and deliver meaningful impact
- Together – We take collaborative action to create positive change
We are looking for a proactive and enthusiastic candidate to join our Investors in the Environment (iiE) team. This is an
entry-level position with the ideal candidate being enthusiastic and eager to learn as well as
supporting the wider team on a range of projects within the iiE portfolio of services. This is
a fantastic opportunity for an individual to start their career in the environmental
Purpose of role:
iiE is a national environmental accreditation scheme designed to help businesses reduce their
impact on the environment through practical, engaging measures. iiE membership includes support
for businesses to adopt a robust environmental policy, use resources efficiently, create
targets and actions to support wider sustainability improvements, and get recognised for their
In 2020, members saved over 14,000 tonnes of CO2e and significantly reduce costs for energy,
water, waste, and other resources.
The purpose of the role is to provide high-quality environmental management support and
auditing to members of iiE, providing regular guidance to support their accreditation journey.
The candidate will work directly with members to support them on their sustainability journeys,
helping them to understand the environmental impact and take steps to improve.
The successful candidate will aim to achieve significant improvements in the environmental
performances of the clients supported, delivering greenhouse gas reductions, tangible cost
savings, and other reputational benefits.
Role title: Sustainability Advisor
Based: This position will be based at PECT’s offices: Ham Lane House, Ham Lane
Peterborough PE2 5UU. There may be opportunities to work from home on some days.
Closing date for applications: 31st March 2023
Interview date: Ongoing
Start date: ASAP
Hours/week: 37 hours (although part time hours will be considered)
Work outside normal hours: Occasional evening and weekend work may be
required, typically for events
Reports to: Head of Sustainability and Strategy (iiE)
Working primarily with national iiE members, the candidate will:
- Provide regular telephone
or video call support and advice on EMS development in alignment with the iiE criteria
- Carry out
annual iiE audits, including site visits and issuing high-quality accreditation reports
with the planning and delivery of iiE member events
- Support iiE marketing campaigns and
contribute valuable content for our newsletters, e-shots, and website
- Enter and maintain
accurate data on the project CRM system
- Provide regular telephone
- To maintain and continually improve their own knowledge of Environmental Management and
Environmental Legislation and work towards the achievement of further professional qualifications,
such as Associate Membership with IEMA.
- Undertake a range of day-to-day project administration activities including using Excel,
Word and PowerPoint.
- Ensure that all processes are completed in a timely, accurate and compliant manner at the
prescribed quality in accordance with quality procedures.
- Seek opportunities to develop new/extend existing work and income streams for PECT. This
could be through project development, fundraising and/or partnership work.
- Any other reasonable tasks requested by the line manager.
- Passionate about sustainability and about providing a professional quality service
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills, ability to build and
maintain relationships with people at all levels
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work effectively under pressure to meet
targets and handle issues that arise
- Ability to make decisions and act on own initiative; to self-motivate to ensure successful
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, ability to understand objectives and
- Demonstrable experience in managing multiple tasks/activities/events at one time.
- IT literate especially in Microsoft Office Software
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Able to work independently and use own initiative
- Willingness to learn and undertake training where appropriate
- Ability to travel to remote locations locally and to locations outside of the East region
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in an environmental, business or science-related
- Experience providing excellent customer care.
- Knowledge of resource efficiency and understanding of how organisations can improve their
- Be committed to continuous professional development.
- Experience of maintaining and developing administrative systems.
- Enthusiasm for and understanding of environmental/sustainable development issues, including
the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Please send a cover letter and CV to [email protected]. We prefer to receive applications
electronically; however, we understand not everyone has access to the internet, therefore you
can also post your application to the address below.
You may be contacted for a brief telephone interview before the formal interviews. If
shortlisted for an interview you will be required to prepare a presentation or complete a brief
task, relevant to the role, as part of the interview.
If you have any questions about this role please contact April
Sotomayor, [email protected].
Postal address: PECT, Ham Lane House, Ham Lane, Peterborough, PE2 5UU.
For some activities, such as working directly with children on a regular basis, a DBS check may
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.