The National Forest
Swadlincote, Derbyshire (with hybrid working and travel to rural locations)
The National Forest is one of the boldest environmentally led regeneration initiatives in the
country, and we are now looking to expand our team to put us on track to meet 33% forest cover.
This is a crucial moment in the development of both the National Forest and the National Forest
Company, with a new 25-Year Vision for the National Forest, a new Corporate Plan for the
Company, and a renewed focus and purpose in light of the urgency of climate change. 200 square
miles, three decades, 9 million trees planted, and forest cover having increased from 6% to 22%
– we have a track record of making things happen. We believe trees are the catalyst for change,
enabling nature, society, and the economy to thrive by working together. We believe a positive
future is possible – and we can show it’s happening, here and now.
We are now seeking a Woodland Advisor to join us on a full-time, permanent basis, working 37
hours per week. Part-time working can also be considered.
- Salary of £30,317 – £32,803 per annum
- 30 days’ annual leave and 10.5 days’ public and privilege holidays
- Civil Service Pension
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Performance awards
- Gym membership discounts
If you are a woodland management professional looking for a career move with real impact, this
is an exceptional opportunity to make a positive difference with our dedicated organisation.
Not only do we offer an amazing support for your professional and personal development, but
you’ll discover a highly rewarding role where you will help us battle the impact of climate
change and regenerate the stunning forests of the Midlands!
So, if you want to do your part in creating a brighter, greener future, read on and apply
As a Woodland Advisor, you will support the delivery of our woodland management, forest
creation, and woodland economy programmes in support of the Government’s 25 year Environment
Plan and National Forest 25 year Vision.
Taking a proactive, collaborative approach, you’ll identify and maximise new opportunities for
land-use change and management across the National Forest. You’ll build strong relationships
with partners, forestry organisations, contractors, farmers, and other landowners to drive
successful adoption of our incentive and grants programmes.
Supporting our ambitious woodland and habitat management targets, you’ll promote our grant
schemes, provide expert woodland and habitat management advice and support the delivery of
environmental, social and economic outcomes.
Additionally, you will:
- Ensure robust financial, appraisal and performance monitoring systems are in place
- Support with organising events, workshops, walks, talks and webinars
- Support the development of forestry skills and apprenticeships with local businesses
- Record and monitor forest creation, management and economy performance
To be considered as a Woodland Advisor, you will need:
- At least two years’ relevant experience
- Experience of supporting the creation or management of woodlands to deliver environmental,
economic and social objectives
- Good practical knowledge of sustainable forestry management practices, silviculture and the
UK Forestry Standard
- An understanding of biodiversity, landscape, access, recreation, and community involvement in
relation to woodland creation and management
- Knowledge of current funding mechanisms for tree planting, woodland management, and business
development, including environmental policy and legislation
- Good project and budget management skills
- Excellent communication skills
Other organisations may call this role Forestry Advisor, Planning and Environment Advisor, Land
Management Adviser, Outreach Advisor, Woodland Establishment Advisor, or Woodland Consultant.
Webrecruit and The National Forest are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are
strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all
applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business
and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you want to step into a unique role as a Woodland Advisor, please apply via the button
shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit
are those of an Employment Agency.
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.