University of Manchester
About IT Services
IT Services at the University of Manchester is a vibrant and fast-moving department, we focus on delivering excellent customer service and quality services for our staff, students and researchers. Find out more about our organisation and values:
About the team
The Resource Management supports IT Services (ITS) by ensuring that we have the right people, with the right skills at the right time. We work in close partnership with our colleagues in the University’s central People & Organisational Development Directorate (P&OD) to support the entire talent management lifecycle, e.g. recruitment, onboarding, development, etc. The team also works closely with our internal Governance & Delivery Management Office to manage staff capacity and capability requirements needed to deliver strategic IT change projects. We are a friendly and supportive team that puts the University’s values at the core of how we work and engage with others.
About the role
Your role would be working alongside the other Resource Planning Analysts to provide comprehensive administrative support with regards to recruitment, onboarding and fulfilment of the ITS workforce strategy. You will be assigned to be a lead on specific recruitment activities and be responsible for overseeing the end-to-end recruitment process, e.g. tracking and submitting resource requests, working closely with colleagues in P&OD and Finance, organising assessment days, ensuring a smooth induction process, etc. Another critical part of your role will be in helping us to maintain our ITS workforce planning data.
About the person
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
Experience of working in an HR or resourcing environment (possibly with a recognised qualification in this area, e.g. CIPD qualified)
- Familiar with basic employment law and compliance with internal HR policies
- Enjoys being part of a collaborative team where work and knowledge are shared and everyone supports each other
- Demonstrates a high-level of accuracy and attention to detail, while ensuring that work is carried out with sensitivity and confidentiality
- Communicates effectively and provides a positive, customer-orientated service
- Resilient in the face of multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change
- Understanding of the IT and/or HE sectors would be advantageous
What you can expect in return
- As well as a competitive salary, and working for an internationally recognised University
- A generous annual leave entitlement of 23 plus bank holidays
- Closure between the Christmas and New Year periods – this is in addition to your annual leave entitlement
- Access to a comprehensive employee assistance programme, supporting your physical, mental, and financial health and legal advice
- Leading pensions schemes, travel season tickets loans, workplace nursery, staff networking groups discounts for all the family to enjoy and so much more.
- Training, career opportunities and career progression.
- To see all of our benefits, visit Benefits of working at The University of Manchester
When completing the additional information section of your application, please ensure you make reference to the job description and person specification above, as this will form an integral part of the shortlisting process.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and transgender status. All appointments are made on merit
Our University is positive about flexible working – you can find out more here
Blended working arrangements may be considered
Please note that we are unable to respond to enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies.
Enquiries about the vacancy, shortlisting and interviews:
Email: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
This vacancy will close for applications at midnight on the closing date.
Please see the link below for the Further Particulars document which contains the person specification criteria.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.