Service Coordinator – Independent Living
Location: Grimsby DN33 1HE
Contract type: Fixed Term Contract to end March 2024 with possibility of extension
Hours per week: 35
Salary: £23,745 per annum
We’ve got an opportunity…
The British Red Cross are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive individual to join our Independent Living team as a Service Coordinator.
The Independent Living (IL) & Crisis Response (CR) service (IL/CR) supports people in the space between hospital and home and responds to the needs of people in crisis following an emergency; maintaining an extensive network of external relationships across health, social care, and emergency services.
A day in the life of a Service Coordinator will involve:
Building strong positive relationships and liaising with hospital staff at Diana Princess of Wales Hospital and other medical professionals in the community, including GP surgeries, to receive patient referrals.
Evaluating and analysing the outcomes and progress of the services, assigning incoming referrals to support workers, monitoring the service delivery, ensuring service health and safety.
Overseeing record-keeping, recruiting, engaging and managing volunteers. ensuring the team works together seamlessly.
Attending hospital meetings.
Ensuring the team works together seamlessly.
To be a successful Service Coordinator, you’ll need:
An understanding of how to improve service quality for the benefit of users
An ability to deal with queries in a diplomatic, professional and confidential manner
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to lead and motivate people.
To be educated to GCSE level (or equivalent by experience)
To be IT literate
Full UK driving licence and access to vehicle
Closing date for application is 23.59 on Sunday 4th June 2023 with interviews to follow.
In return for your commitment and expertise, you’ll get:
• Holidays – You’ll get 36 days annual leave (including bank holidays) and the option to buy an additional 5 days leave.
• Pension scheme– We offer up to 6% contributory pension.
• Flexible working – We will do what we can to make sure you work in a way that suits you
• Learning & Development Opportunities – We are one of the UK’s largest charities and have a wide range of career opportunities. We also provide comprehensive learning opportunities for staff to develop themselves.
• Discounts – You’ll have access to brilliant discounts through the Blue Light Discount Card and our own employee benefits platform.
• Wellbeing Support – Staff wellbeing is always priority. You’ll have access to mental health and wellbeing support.
• Team Working – You will be working as part of a team that is supporting our mission of helping people in crisis.
• Cycle2Work -The cycle to work scheme enables you to lease a bicycle.
• Season ticket loan – We offer an interest free loan to buy a season ticket for travel between home and work.
At The British Red Cross, we pride ourselves on our diverse workforce, and ensuring we have an inclusive environment for all our staff and volunteers. We remain committed to ensuring our teams can bring their true selves to work without risk or fear of discrimination. We do this through regular data reporting, and the support of our internal Race and Equality Network (REEN), LGBT+ Network, our Disability and Wellness Network (DAWN), Gender Network, Carers Network and Youth Network.
Connecting human kindness with human crisis
How to apply